1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx6rr.....?

Discussion in 'General' started by Duc748SPS, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

Is it me or was "Tony the Tiger" smoking during his little infomercial on Sunday during the race.

I think it was before the restart when the manufactures got to showcase their 600's and let their riders tell you how great they are.

Tony said the following came with his bike.....

Ohlins Forks
    Ohlins Shock
    Stainless Steel brake lines
    bunch of other crap......

sorry just looked at one and folks I didn't see any Ohlins....didn't know you could replace all that stuff for a 600 race.....unless it is an option?

anyone else hear that?

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

he spoke better than ben spies.

3. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

No shit....I know Suz was pissed at you got it presentation together

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

He never said Ohlins forks and shock... The 6RR has upside down forks and radially mounted calipers, which is what he said. And most of what he said does come on the 6RR, adjustable swingarm pivot and all...

I thought the remote (left hand) brake adjustment all the bikes had was really cool...

5. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

man, I will have to watch the tape again....another friend of mine was there and we both looked at each other like "no way"

may he meant/said Ohlins steering damp

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Ya in fact you can't use an Ohlins fork in SS...I thought he was extremely well-spoken.

7. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

he did say it uses a ohlins steering "dampener" though

8. winders

winders Well-Known Member

Tony's forks have nothing but Ohlins parts on the inside. Look at the fork caps. They are not stock.

Scott

9. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

I have an Ohlins steering damper.

That makes me feel so special.

10. paperclip

paperclip D'oh!

yeah but he has a dampener!:)

11. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

He said the ohlins rear shock really works good here at laguna. They all were full of crap saying other than that it is just like you can get them of the showroom floor.:)

12. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I believe if you watch the tape closely, when he points out the calipers you'll see an Ohlins sticker on the bottom of the forks. Maybe that's his problem this year in SS. If that was a Traxxion sticker who knows how well he'd be doing... :rolleyes:

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest