1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx6r 2019 team green price

Discussion in 'General' started by drewthere, Jan 24, 2019.

1. drewthere

drewthere Well-Known Member

Anybody bought the new zx6r or zx10r under the team green discounts? Care to send me or share the discounts? Supposedly up to 2k... want to know of who's done it or how it works.

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Any link to what your referring to ?

The last I looked the 2K racer discount was a couple years ago.

Currently the only thing I see is Kawasaki's contingency program.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, just bought a leftover '18 for $8,998 OTD. Other than the dash, it's no different than a '19 in race trim.

4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Other than the fact the new '19's are up almost 10hp over the '18's you mean?

I was getting my bike dyno tuned last weekend, tuner gets a call from Chuck Graves as they are working together on a full exhaust for this bike... After the call I ask the numbers - 113hp stock, 115 with Graves slip on, after a flash/tune - 122hp. Tuner says with the full system currently in development him and Chuck expect 128-130hp with a street tire and pump gas - up 8-10 over all the previous Gen bikes he's ran. He listed the few engine internals that are changed - same deal with the ZX10's he says, for '19 they are also up 10 ponies over the '18's.

5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That's impressive, hope the transmission has improved as well.

6. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Its $1000 paid to the racer on the Kawasaki Contingency card for the 19 ZX6R and $2000 for the 18/19 ZX10R/RR.

Contact your local dealer. Application deadline is 1/31/19

7. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

This

Make sure to do the application ASAP and if your dealer doesn't know what you're talking about tell them to call their Kawi sales rep. I've been contacted by a couple of racers who say their local dealer isn't aware of the racer rebate program.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

130hp out of a stock motor its nuts.
    If thats the case good for Kawi, they just started looking much more tempting especially with the lower msrp

Dragginass and younglion like this.
  9. Greenhound386

Graves has never had a full exhaust for the 2013+ ZX-6R; how do they have base numbers to compare it to? 113hp stock for a 2019 ZX-6R is definitely not 10hp greater than a stock 2018 ZX-6R. You're saying a stock 2018 ZX-6R is making 103hp...!?

10. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

The only changes to the new 19 zx6r are cosmetic, QS, dash and a 15t front sprocket. Oh, and the lower price tag.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  11. Greenhound386

Yep. I got a leftover '18 for $8,998 OTD. I couldn't get the dealer to budge off of $11,000 OTD for a '19 (granted, I didn't inquire about the Team Green deal). The changes listed above didn't warrant the extra cost.

The bodywork is getting removed anyway, so the updated cosmetics and LED lights are a moot point. The stock QS was reviewed as a solid addition for street use, but reviewers noted that it felt a little slow for a race bike. So, that would need to be modded through the ECU or replaced, but I'll just go with an aftermarket option on the '18. The gearing change is also irrelevant; I'll have multiple gearing options available depending on the track. In race trim, I'm just missing out on the '19 dash. The '18s are also eligible for contingency, still, so I'm good there.

12. younglion

I thought I was pretty clear but to answer your questions...

- I am passing along info from a very reputable tuner who works with Graves - this isn't my findings.
    - He showed me dyno runs of the numbers I mentioned except the final full system number which isn't ready yet so at this point it's just an educated guess by Graves and himself as to what it'll put down.
    - He says the '13-18 models were roughly 120hp with flash, tune, and quality full system and on pump gas. Thats where he is guessing the 10hp difference as they are already at over 122hp with just the Graves slip on and the engineering says the OEM headers are choking off a lot of power so based on previous experience, he thinks the 128-130hp figure is where they will end up.

Link below with their comment as well for those looking for a sound clip and have FB.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  13. Greenhound386

You said, "Other than the fact the new '19's are up almost 10hp over the '18's you mean?"

Kawi revised the engine mapping to meet Euro 4 standards; there were no other changes to the motor. Stock for stock, there's no way a '19 is showing 10hp faster than the '18.

I'm also not convinced that an '18 motor and a '19 motor with the same mods are going to show a 10hp difference. I'm not very technically inclined and pay someone to do all of that stuff, so maybe I'm just really ignorant. Barring any actual tangible changes to the motor, how would a mapping change in the motor make it so much more receptive to tuning? That stuff gets overridden anyway.

03RumbleBee and jd41 like this.
  14. younglion

If you re-read my original post, I say that the tuner claims there are indeed actual internal changes that are responsible for the increase in power for both the '19 10R and 6R. I'm no mechanic myself but what it seemed like he said to me was that Kawi through it's kit RR parts into both the regular 10R and a similar change for the 6R to get these better results.

15. Greenhound386

Well, he's the first one to point out that the internals changed.

Kawasaki mentions the engine updates on their website for the 2019 ZX-10, but they list nothing for the 2019 ZX-6R. It's odd that they'd make internal engine changes (that apparently yield significant advantages) and don't advertise it, and it's odd that they'd be selective and only market the changes to the ZX-10. Cycle World cites that Kawasaki utilized ultra-fine atomizing injectors for the stricter emissions compliance. They also say that, "Kawasaki claims no power has been lost with the reduction in emissions". It sounds like Kawi should be citing that the reduction in emissions has actually improved the performance of the motor based on the feedback from your tuner.

16. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

No engine upgrades were included in the list of changes. If it is true, then it would be a nice surprise but I really doubt there have been any engine changes.

17. younglion

Kawasaki is claiming a pretty stout increase in stock output (136ps up from 131ps or 134+ crank hp up from 129 crank hp), just check the technical stats on the '19 then click the same technical stats on the '18 version.

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninja-zx-6r

BigBird likes this.
  18. jbammin

jbammin Well-Known Member

Of course it would be Nels doing the dyno!

+1 for a badass tuner.

younglion likes this.
  19. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

2013-2019 ZX6 engine is the same. The power output is the same.

I've been getting 124-126 from the 2013+ ZX6 with just a thinner head gasket, cam timing and tuned for the Sunoco spec fuel. I imagine the new Graves full exhaust and updated FT map will probably squeeze out a couple more ponies, so 128-130 is definitely possible.

CR750, jd41, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  20. younglion

Pfft, I'll wait for someone with more insider info to confirm your findings!

:p

DDK732 likes this.