1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

youtube assault video (Victoria Lindsay)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by justsome1, Apr 14, 2008.

1. justsome1

justsome1 Member

Ok so i tried to search for this topic in the forums so it won't be a repost but came up with nothing... so here goes.
    the video

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/national_world&id=6078410

and a link of what the girls are looking at for what they did

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=42943

(cut and paste)
    Teenagers in Victoria Lindsay Beating Charged as Adults

Atlanta, GA 4/11/2008 03:13 PM GMT (FINDITT)

The eight teenagers charged in the beating of cheerleader Victoria Lindsay will be charged as adults, according to reports Friday.

Six teenage girls from Florida brutally attacked Lindsay, 16, after one of the girls lured her into a home on March 30. Two teenage boys stood outside of the house as lookouts.

The girls videotaped the brutal ambush with the hopes of posting it onto YouTube. Prosecutors released the video this week to show the brutality of the beating.

Lindsay, a varsity cheerleader at Mulberry High School, apparently wrote comments about the girls on the social-networking site MySpace, prompting the beating. She suffered damage to her hearing and eye sight.

All eight teenagers attend Mulberry, which is located in Bartow, Florida.

Mercades Nichols, 17, Britney Mayes, 17, and Brittini Hardcastle, 17, are all being charged with felonious battery, as well as kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Cara Murphy, 16, Kayla Hassell, 15, April Cooper, 14, Zachary Ashley, 17, and Stephen Schumaker, 18, face charges of felonious battery as well as false imprisonment.

The teens will make their first appearance in court on Friday in Polk County. They face a sentence of up to life in prison due to them being charged as adults.
    [/FONT]

So my question is, what do you guys think about them being "tried as adults"? there is no doubt that they should be punished, but should they be tried as adults? Thoughts on the LIFE IN PRISON...

2. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah I've been meaning to post about that its a local story here.

If you're doing adult crime you should do adult time. Stop it now before it gets worse. That was not a kid fight. It could have been much worse and the girl has permanent injuries now. The bitches were giggling in the court room. One of the lookout boys complained that he shouldn't be punished because he didn't do anything. Stupid, arrogant and heartless.

Lock em up. If they do something else lock em up again. Lock the parents up too. They could have killed that girl.

There are too many good kids out there who need help why waste it on these mouthbreathers?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh yeah should we start a separate thread on how the Dr Phil show bailed out the ring leader? Thats a classic idiot move right there.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

My daughters were taught to defend themselves whenever necessary. I don't condone fighting however, sometimes you just have to get into it with someone.
    I've seen that video several times and am amazed how easy it would have been to totally put that one attacker out of commission. The dumb bitch was leaving her stomach open the whole time. One good jab to the midsection would have put her on the floor immediately.

I know that there were other girls and the one being attacked would have been probably pounced on again but at least she could have made it unpleasant for them. They will probably get some kind of probation which is not going to teach them anything of value. They'll think they got away with something. Ninety days in a prison sure would show them how "tough" they really were.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Precisely. And good for you teaching your gals to stand up for themselves.

7. justsome1

justsome1 Member

Lock em up. If they do something else lock em up again. Lock the parents up too. They could have killed that girl.

True, but i mean life in prison! that means they only get locked up once. Some child molesters get off w/ just doing 2 yrs. and being put on a sex offenders list. I am in NO WAY condoning what these kids did! But that is really harsh. Some time locked up is good; im thinking a few yrs+ a monetary settlement for medical and future disability, and probation... i just think that the severity of the crime is not enough for a lifetime in prison.

BTW: we here in the U.S. have the most people in prison per capita than anywhere else in the world. i remember reading this... i think it was in TIME.

8. justsome1

justsome1 Member

Well they havent been sentenced (from what ive read) yet but they will be tried as adults and they might be facing LIFE

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Boo Hoo. Throw them in prison until menopause.

10. sizmtrz

sizmtrz Nuthin runs like a deere

I'm sure you all realize that a "life" term refers to a 20 year sentence and makes them eligible for parole after 7 yrs. "Life" just sounds better in the media.

11. 2k61000

2k61000 kneedragging rookie

they deserve the full extent of the law for this, and not that bull soft side either, every single one of them who was there, including the 2 guys outside need to be put into jail, to see what its like when you cant defend yourself

pos each and every one of them

12. justsome1

justsome1 Member

i did not know that. for thoes that are closer to the story... why did these girls kick her ass that bad? it seems as though everything i have read focuses on the assault and not what lead up to it. What was this girl saying? I mean these girls put alot of thought and time into this... i read that they befriended her for some time to get her where they wanted her. Oh yeah! where where the parents?

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Because the victim was making fun of them on myspace. So far the perps' parents have blamed myspace and the entire internet in general. none of the parents have stepped forward saying their kid was wrong or anything like that. It's all not their fault and they are victims too. Typical. The parents take no responsibility so its obvious where the kids got that carefree attitude.

14. sizmtrz

nor have any parents taken responsability for not restricting there childs access to the internet. I dont understand why people dont associate the internet with the playboys under mattress. thats how it should be filtered. When you think your kids old enough to read playboy then they are old enough to have unlimited internet access... my 2 cents...

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good analogy. I can pull up a story of a 10yr old who is his school's IT admin. Not a joke, this kid manages the entire school's network and sets the network policy as well as updates and patches. He's 10.

And why were all these kids hangin out at a house when they should be cutting lawns or washing cars or workin at chic fi le or doing afterschool activities or playing sports or at the library or skateboarding or a bahzillion other things besides goofing off?

I'm not a parent and even I know if you leave a kid(s) alone long enough with no focus they will get into some stuff.

16. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Its getting out of hand, throw them in jail and thow away the key. AFter Bubba and friends have there way with them, they'll figure out quick life was better on the outside, :up:

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I blame Al Gore.

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

F em. F the parents. And F the society that raises GIRLS like this.

19. scuba dave

scuba dave Active Member

The kids and the parents should "Die in a Fire"

If a dog had attacked this kid, they would have put down the dog. I say we do the same with these kids! Remove them from the gene pool.

At that age you know right from wrong, No Excuses!

The parents should also be removed for not raising there "offspring" correctly

20. sizmtrz

reminds me of a story ( truth unverified but entertaining none the less)

One of our judges here in Detroit in the 3rd curcuit court had a great one liner for that... obviously they were repremanded but it was funny. This one particular Mom had all 7 or 8 of her children go before the same judge at some point or another over the course of a few years. Some multiple times. All for violent felonys of some sort. At some point during the verdict the judge addressed the Mom of all these quality members of society and told her that her "womb was a cesspool and that if law permited he would force her to have a hysterectomy". I wish I could have been in the court for that one.