1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite curry?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 23, 2019.

1. You can also use sliced beef instead of eggs.

rd49 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Being Thai doesn't make him an expert on any of it but more power to ya :D

3. Taiwanese ;)

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Taiwanese? That's not even asian. That's 'merican with a dash of asian spice with ability to live in a damn shoe box sized apartment.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  5. 713

713 Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had a 50/50 shot and didn't want to go back and read it :D Same answer still applies, just being an asian doesn't automatically make anyone an expert of asian foods especially not curry.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool, may try it out in a couple weeks.

8. I didn't say he was an expert in curry.

The techniques to cook Asian dishes are pretty consistent across the region. That is what he taught me.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The techniques have nothing to do with the level of heat either so what exactly is your argument? I'm way lost at this point.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So......status quo then?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yepper! :crackup:

Although now I do want curry.

12. Argument? I merely expressed my preference for spicy curries. You seemed to have an issue with that. Not sure why.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You argued your Taiwanese friend likes hot so it was the only proper way to do it - I'm now wondering why is all. I get personal preference.

14. That isn’t actually what I said. Doesn’t matter - the argument was yours. One of your early remarks was that my taste buds must be too fried to properly taste anything.

Oh well.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

You said "Yes, but the counter has to be there. Not enough spice makes for a bad curry."

I made fun of your absolute because it wasn't said as just opinion. I did use a smiley on the crispy buds comment because it was a joke.

You then kept on with -

"I learned to cook Asian from a Taiwanese Air Force Colonel who was a friend of my dad‘s. He would strafe your house for uttering such blasphemy:)"

Saying curry doesn't need to be hot isn't blasphemy it's simple fact. It doesn't. You may prefer hot, that's cool, but there are tons of great not hot currys.

Anyway, it's all just amusing. Curry comes from one of the Indian dialects and it's not remotely Taiwanese. Curry at it's core is a sauce to go over rice. Can be anything really.