1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You happy now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 8, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've heard that will make you go blind.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    CMRA 270 and VFR#52 like this.
  2. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Geewiz Chris...what are you doing to help? You kinda perpetuate it don’t you?

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

And this is why I feel bad for guys like Peyton and Steven, and why I've followed this a bit. (Assuming they are correct, as the evidence seems to indicate), Guys like this see stuff going wrong and they can't help themselves. I know, because my Dad did the same shit at his country club. Even though the membership may agree with you, this isn't a business to them. They show up, pay their money, and race, and that's all they want from CMRA, that's all the members want from their country club, too. They want to show up and have fun, not deal in politics, arguing, and negativity. This is their "happy" place where they go to spend money and have FUN.

Eventually my Mom told him to knock it off, what does he care if the club implodes? They can go play golf and drink somewhere else if that happens. In the mean time this is their recreation. He stepped back from all the drama before it got too crazy, and he's better off for it. Not saying that's what any of these parties should do.

What sucks is that the club needs involved members like you, Steven, but you're also setting yourself up for major heartburn. I truly hope you get some satisfaction out of it, and that the club survives and prospers. Racing needs all the help it can get. Good luck!

VFR#52, CMRA 270 and badmoon692008 like this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I have no desire or duty to help the club or any of its defendants or members when it comes to legal issues. Broke down on the side of the road and need help? Ill be there. Get sued? Good luck, I wish you the best.
    You are the one who has chosen to be a white knight, not me.

Additionally, I have no idea what you mean by perpetuating things. I am not the one who sued or got sued. Nor am I the one who came on here as a board member and continually stuck his foot in his mouth and hung his ass out in the wind.

Sorry, you wont shitting in the corner and blaming me for the smell.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    BDRacing and VFR#52 like this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

"If ever I meet one of you Texas waddies who ain't drunk from a hoofprint, I think I'll… I'll shake their hand, or buy them a Daniel Webster cigar!"

:D

I'm with Stupid, TXFZ1 and VFR#52 like this.
  6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Honestly i just want the truth and facts to come out so we can go have fun racing without the crap from front office.
    Man i cant tell you how much racing has changed.
    When i used to Race Josh Hayes we had a blast in a fun way.
    Having Doug Polen come over and tell you to turn the throttle and stop being a pussy was funny.
    Now we have this media and instead of being positive with people.
    It spreads hate and attacks that have nothing to do with racing.
    I can see id like your Father.
    Sounds like a man who taught you good things.
    Time will tell on all this and im about done racing myself.
    But my son will be racing and we will be having fun or we will find something else that is fun.
    Great people at the race tracks of the world.
    Steven

7. Fonda Dix

Mr Dye has chosen to pin the condition of the CMRA books, as well as attempt to silence my opinion, via PM. I was going to post his PM but he says that is unprofessional. I agree.
    That being said, I need to address his comment by PM that "my leadership was disastrous" in a public way.

I cant argue one way or another that my four years of service including one year as President and one year as VP was or was not disastrous. That is for others to decide. Yes, the books were a mess when the next BOD took over and they had to clean them up, especially once THEY got sued. While the club admin fed us the info and I rubber stamped, that is no excuse. I should have demanded more. That is on me.
    So I will take the blame (along with Harry Tomlison, Don Wagnon, John ODonnel, Frank Newman, Ronnie Hay, Linz Leard, Pierson Callahan, and Norm McDonald) for that. I'll accept that.

That being said, I did somehow manage to not get sued, not file bankruptcy, have full grids, have a healthy endurance series, turn people away for classes that were too big and provide a large array of tracks to race on while hitting my term limits in a fair election process.

If the failure is my fault, then so is the success.

BDRacing and VFR#52 like this.
  8. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

posting his PM is unprofessional, but doxing steven is ok?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jesus crust, if I have to pull this car over you're all gonna be sorry!!!!

VFR#52 and Trunxgp1224 like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Try turning around and swatting them while you're still driving. :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

just hop out and let it go over the cliff

ToofPic and VFR#52 like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What did I miss? What did the mole post that was removed? I want details.

And I can see from Fonda's last post that he also took his show to private messages again. I remember some of those. It's like nothing changes with this whole fiasco. It's the show that keeps giving. :D

14. SwiftWings

SwiftWings Member

Where you ever permitted to see those credit card statements?

And when did the large cash deposits into the secretary's personal accounts stop? Was it the same month she had to produce financial records in the first lawsuit?

Was Allan Dye on the Board when the other director asked, and was refused, to see the debit card statements and lawsuit info?

Piecing a few threads together, but wouldn't that make CMRA270 the world's dumbest criminal to refuse such a request, deny any wrong doing, then permit records he claims exonerate him to be destroyed?

Asking for a friend.

15. Fonda Dix

I cant answer any of this because it all happened after my time. I served from 2008-2011. The shit hit the fan after I was done on the BOD and had stopped racing CMRA. Perhaps Mr. Orchard knows the answer to these questions.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. SwiftWings

SwiftWings Member

Read Orchard's deposition at a party years ago. He doesn't know his head from his ass.

Did you ever ask to see the bank statements in your day? How would you know the PL was accurate without the statements, gate logs, etc?

BDRacing likes this.
  17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

With all due respect he is right.
    The club was not sued when he was in charge and im sure given the info he was presented made things look ok at that time.
    And as he has pointed out the club had full grids and was going about its daily business when he was associated with club.
    These questions should be asked of people who where on BOD when lawsuits where filed.

Steven

18. Fonda Dix

No I never asked. I never knew if it was accurate or not and I never put pressure on for detailed information. I failed there.

I focused on cutting expenses (firing the contingency guy who happened to be married to the admin, trimming head count, cutting weekend costs) and on events (created the mini fest, advocated for specialty classes) and enjoying time with fellow racers.

I could have done a much, much better job. It took awhile for the swamp to bring me to heel and I wasted that time focusing on the wrong things.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. They’d have to or WERA would be bankrupt and Ev would kill you :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. You mean your allowance is big enough :)

VFR#52 likes this.