1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys that hunt......

Discussion in 'General' started by britx303, Nov 4, 2020.

1. That would be an AR I’d want, no idea why but I’m a 308 guy, just good all around round for what I hunt which are deer and coyotes. Overkill for yotes but I’m not exactly worried about salvaging meat from them and makes for a pretty humane kill even if you are off the mark a bit. I want a fancy night/ thermal scope as the one I borrowed was awesome but $3500 for a scope is a bit much when my red light on the gun works pretty damned good for what I do. I’m usually in the 50-75 yard range but have been over 175 with that $12 EBay light and had clear enough vision to make a safe shot.

britx303 likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Are you hunting Baltimore Co.?

3. britx303

You’re not helping my plight.........I’m struggling between a new dirt bike or that AR:D

4. We have more decent deer to shoot than people to shoot them, I’ll only shoot what I am going to eat or what I can donate. I’m not a huge venison fan but do enjoy it time to time but there are a few others I know that love it so if I see I good size healthy one I’ll harvest it and deliver my buddies a gift after it’s processed. My 8 year old has been out with me so hunting is getting a new level of fun for me this year, good life lessons and time you just cannot make up sitting in a stand with your kid.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I'm not hunting at all. Ive been searching for private land to hunt cause I'm leering of the small plots of public land that I'm aware of. Baltimore County is Shotgun Slug. I want to shot rifle which is either S. MD or Fredrick and westward if I remember correctly.

6. I just sold a bike so that’s funding in my play account :)

7. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

check out the Bering hogster. You can get it around $2475. I'm not sure about yotes' but for hogs thermal is the way to go. Hard seeing them at night with the lights!

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  8. speedluvn

That's how I am with fishing. The kids are always seemingly catching something, no matter how small, you'd think it was a state record. We usually throw them back but one time I allowed my daughter to bring home her catch. I think we both had a bite. :clap:

9. britx303

Ah maybe st.marys is rifle......not sure. I’m searching for the rulebook

10. speedluvn

That sounds about right.

11. britx303

Caroline Co. Is closer to Baltimore I thought, and there’s a public hunting spot 2 of my coworkers hunt and have good results. Idylwild i think is what it’s called, or how their eastern shore accent sounds, sounds like they’re saying Ahdlwald:crackup:

12. speedluvn

I'll look into. Thanks.

13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Phrasing!

:D

My wife (then girlfriend) got her first deer before me. I still never hear the end of it. My only rebuttal is that it was just a button buck and I got a 4.

14. speedluvn

Many here hunt in the meat department of their grocery store. :Poke:

15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Anyone here live in Iowa that has some farm land? Asking for a friend who lives out of state but is due to draw the coveted tag next year. :D

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Might go out for a sit for deer the last day or two*, but didn't really have much interest in taking time off work for it this year. Too much OT available, and I'm trying to make up the giant hole that covid left in my bank acct this year......

*I've got both my deer here on the last day nearing last light anyway, so might as well stick with what works lol. As for calling, I hunted with a buddy one time and I swear he didn't stop rattling, grunting, wheezing, bleating, etc the entire time. Neither of us saw anything... It was pretty exciting over a hill from him though. Everytime I heard it my heart started pumping, and the gun would come up lol.

I'm more looking forward to rabbit hunting this year. Been trying to build the population back up over the last 10 years, and never saw so many before this year before. Hopefully be a good year to harvest a few if I can beat the coyotes to them. Will bring my son along too on his first hunt. I've been building brushpiles, planting clover, building habit (We call it rabbitat :D) for years in anticipation of that day. Can't wait to get skunked with him :)

17. britx303

I guess for hunting I’m fortunate at the moment. Where I’m deer hunting is my sister in laws and she owns 10+ acres of all woods that backs into 100+ acres of more woods. Plus the corona schedule has me 1 week on/1week off(but on call) so I’ve got the time........just no dang deer yet:confused::confused::D

18. speedluvn

Are you supplying feed year round to attract them?

19. britx303

Nope, the deer are there very often. We’ve seen them for years and I’ve said all this time that I should hunt them. Finally just committed to doing so. I have been putting corn down now to lure them closer to the blind, but that’s only been the last couple weeks, once I gave up hunting the deer in my backyard. It’s working but so far little deer are coming up. The bigger deer wait til about 5 minutes after I leave the blind. Literally. I’m not trophy hunting at all, but the ones that I’m seeing aren’t worth the small amount of meat they’ll provide. My brother in law is saying the big ones have just gone nocturnal for now with the temps still being relatively warm for November

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No. I just go killing.

speedluvn and britx303 like this.