1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You didn't build that!"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that yes Some Governments do infact Create Societies..;)

Not anywhere I want to live or anykind of a place I want to live or be a part of.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You can always count on DougK to open his mouth & remove all doubt. :crackup::crackup:

3. she-shay

she-shay Banned

If you got the meaning of the statement wrong and many very educated people did for political reasons then you simply dont understand English. Obama said "Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that" The operative word the statement is the word "that" (singular) which was a pronoun referring to the previously mentioned nouns "roads and bridges" (plural) and small business owners did'nt build the roads and bridges that they (small business owners) use to go to and from their small businesses and ship their products to and from their small businesses and by which customers use to get to and from their small businesses. So Obama was grammatically incorrect, he should have used "them" or "those" when he referred to "roads and bridges". Or hes was saying small businesses could not exist w/o the publicly funded infrastructure which includes roads, bridges, traffic signals, road markings, publicly educated employers/employee's, a potion of the utilities Im sure, etc. Regardless Obama was not telling small business owners they were not responsible for the creation/success of their business all by themselves but rather the contributions made by tax paying citizens due significantly factor in to the ability to create and in the success of a small business...... Yes e-commerce is included. Im not defending Obama, Im defending the truth.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, you're defending Obama. A for effort though. :D

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

In your case I am pretty sure the truth is obscured by Obamas ballsack hanging in front of your face:Poke:

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So you are saying Obama is an educated Idiot...prez of these United States, had a grammattical shortage...musta been a brownout that blinked the screen of the teleprompter.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Its just an explanation of Obama's words by the Joe Biden Committee to explain why he didn't actually say what he plainly said.
    You don't have to cut out anything that Obama said, his words and meaning were quite clear. The English class mumbo-jumbo changes nothing, but it sounds like it makes sense to those who must believe in Barry no matter what.

8. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of:
    "It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."
    –Bill Clinton

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So what your saying is the Feds waved their magic wand and the funding to build those roads and bridges just appeared out of nowhere. You know because they manufacture so many products that they sell to the general pubic to produce revenue. I'm assuming their large corporation is run tax free correct?

Did they also not contract any land development or paving crews to build those roads and bridges. Are those all government owned entities? Couldn't be that privately owned businesses were part of that building process could it.

Look....it's ok to admit you support a complete and total failure. It's your right to choose to do so. Just don't piss on peoples shoes and tell them it's raining. The smell gives you away.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

How is that sticking my foot in my mouth? What do you think has the entrepreneur and small business owner upset? That is the reality of what many entrepreneurs go through while the "blue collar" and union workers of the DNC bitch about having to work 8 hours a day and getting their "fair share" as they leave their work behind walking out the door at 5pm. That's all part of the risk and work of entrepreneurs that Obama is ignoring when he speaks to the SEIU, UAW, and his labor base.

But I guess he's smarter then the average entrepreneur when he has never really created anything, right?

BTW, I do not have a problem with labor, Obama is the one creating the division and creating the attacks upon a large segment of the population and a key component of our free market system.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  11. wot-75

wot-75 Well-Known Member

I get a kick out of people who feel as though it's governments job to make you better off. It's goverment's job to ensure you have the freedom to pursue becoming better off, not to guarantee the result.

12. she-shay

she-shay Banned

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Businesses existed in the US before any public systems were setup, take all the public systems away and they'll continue to exist and function. (And many new ones will spring up to deal with the gaps.)

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Attached Files:

15. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Just farking brilliant! :D

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Hey doofus...

I'm pretty sure that most of us here know what BO was TRYING to portray as far as big government's role in aiding small business. However, I'd also guess that if you asked small business owners themselves if big gov't was either a help or a hindrance on their business a good number might disagree with BO's assessment.

Therein lies the rub. ;)

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Actually, no. I am pretty sure that a considerable portion of folks around here truly believe that BamaJelly said that they did not, in fact, build their own small business.

THEREin lies the rub.

Fuck it... what's the point? Here we are with so much attention being paid to this petty ass bullshit while the bus is steadily going over the cliff. It doesn't make a hill of beans if the driver's seat is on the left side, or the right side of the bus, either. They may steer a little bit differently, but the destination is the same.

In about 9 weeks, I'm going to waste my vote writing in Ron Paul then I'm going to take Wednesday off (from building MY small business) and watch either FauxNews or MSNBC all day so I can watch one group or another tear their hair out over why the county's doomed.

May as well be entertained until the bus hits the rocks.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Debt just passed $16T as Obama tells us that things are better off.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But he didn't build that.:D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bush did it? :D He's added more than the previous 42.

Hope and change? Nope, Attack and Blame! Fear and Smear! Divide and conquer!