1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another VIR question thread

Discussion in 'General' started by gsxracerbenny, Apr 29, 2002.

1. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

Ive never been there, wanted to know if there is any tips for the track etc. The tickets say thurs fri sat sun..... thats alot of time. What exactly is happening all that time? Do I need to be there for all of it? ( the less time from work i miss the better)
    Power in the pits? Any weird pitbike rules, can I bring my bbq? Is this a drive and camp wed night thing?
    Thanks in advance for fielding so many questions.

Scott:D :cool:

2. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

http://www.wera.com/pdf/vircyclejam052602.pdf ;)

3. gsxracerbenny

4. n2indy

n2indy Well-Known Member

1) Ive never been there, wanted to know if there is any tips for the track etc. Watch out for turn 7( I think straight right uphill...good run off area...I've done it once, but not again) and 17 (had some terrible off course experience here...no way to save). Just run your race and you should be ok.

2) The tickets say thurs fri sat sun..... thats alot of time. What exactly is happening all that time?

3) Do I need to be there for all of it? ( the less time from work i miss the better)

4) Power in the pits? When you get there, they will give you a band to place on your electrical cord. Pit area is flat and nice, but a lot of rocks/gravel. I think each box has about 4 or so plugs, so the earlier you get there, the better chance you have of getting power.

5) Any weird pitbike rules, can I bring my bbq? Only that if you bring kids, they have to be above a certain age to operate. Also, kids are not allowed to skate, skate board, ride motorcycles, roller blade, in the pit area. They have a specific place where they can do this safely. Plenty of people bbq'ing. Smell good. I think I am going to just pack up my whole Weber Grille next time.

6) Is this a drive and camp wed night thing? When I was last out there for a CCS event, I rolled in Thursday afternoon and had Friday practice. You should pick the events you plan to race and arrive accordingly. If you live in the N. VA area like I, it should only take 4 hours to arrive. Messy traffic in 495/95 area and down in Richmond with the stupid toll roads, but after this, smooth sailing. Check with randmcnally.com for better trip ticket than mapquest.

Good Luck,
    Brent:cool:

5. Critter

Critter Registered

well the trsck is really simple

go fast, brake turn right
    go fast turn left, brake turn left
    go fast, brake turn left turn right
    go fast, brake turn right
    go fast turn left, go fast brake turn right
    go fast turn left, go faster turn right
    go fast, brake turn right, go fast turn left, brake
    turn right go fast, turn right go faster turn right
    repeat from the top

these are me cliff notes from last year

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Your dilemna is easily answered.

1.) Get there Wednesday night. Set up the grill.
    Power is available.

2.) Thursday is practice 'pulling Bucks foot out of your hind quarters day.' (not to worry, I will bring the ointment)

3.) Friday morning- More taunting and harrassment from 'Guess Who?' After that, come get a brew from the 'pit' and swap glamorous lies about what we did.

4.) Saturday- Get your ass handed to you for real this time. (double points) Afterwards screw the grill, we're going out!

5.) Sunday- If you have enough ass left or are not as hungover as I will be, run sprints again.

6.) Sunday night- Thank me for not being as fast as I sound, and try not to rub it in ;)

It's gonna be fun! If you can afford to take of Thursday- Sunday, DO IT! Summit is a trailer park compared to VIR! See ya there!

Oh yeah, go fast brake turn right, go fast turn left, go fast brake turn left, flip right, point & shoot right, go fast brake turn right (not to much gas) go fast turn left, go fast right. go fast brake turn right, turn left go fast brake turn left, turn right go fast, go fast, go fast go fast, repeat.

Now if I can follow my own cliff notes i'll be OK :)

7. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

That one had to be put in bold print for ya :D

8. gsxracerbenny

I think buck got that one backwards...... well see bud....:D :D i intend to be the one buyin you a brew to cry in...... hehehehehehe
    get ahold of on mon/tes/wed an we will coordinate a pit setup.

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I'm 40 minutes from the track Scotty (yeah!)
    If you want, we could hook up at the crib and scoot down there to set up. Glover should be in town Wed night. Hit me up when you get a chance.

Uncle Buck

10. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Oh, BTW- Tell Fellipe, er phillipe, ah Felipe?.....shit, tell cigar-man his stogies kick ass, but his stickers suck! I got warp sticky paper goo on my trailer :D For trauma and suffering, I'll be needing one of those Churchills for settlement ;)

Curse you for getting me hooked again

11. gsxracerbenny

Bucky..... I warned ya.... they arent outdoor stickers. OOOOPPPPPSSS.
    It did the same thing to my truck if it makes ya eel better. Want more stogies? call marshall.. the general manager @ 703-519-3917 and tell him you got some smokes at the track and want some more. The more they see a benefit from racing.... the more hey will get involved. Let em know ya like what they are doing.
    Thanks..

Scott

12. wera331

wera331 Well-Known Member

I'll be going down on fri.after work,and yes that place is really nice.