1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yeah, Bill Maher gets it

Discussion in 'General' started by Past Glory, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Do you climb over the top of the pallets of water or do you move them? :D

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I rub my junk on those (actually just 1 out of 3, that's enough).

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Since we are talking about trades, what do tradesman make around the country? I will start with our guys.

Forklift Mechanics $12-28 per hour plus benefits. Electric forklift guys earn the most.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

With a prevailing wage concrete company, you're looking at $37-$44/hr. Includes finishers, carpenters, laborers, equipment operators, and CDL drivers.

Can anybody dig a hole? Come make $37/hr.

5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your President has an MBA, but no field experience.

I see this attitude all the time. Windows installed incorrectly, skilled trades with no skills, basic stuff ingnored.

Dude, don't pour that concrete driveway up against the siding!

I've had my bouts with commercials roofers. Fortunately, I have an engineer standing next to me with the evidence. So, when I hear "it was done to the manufacturers specifications" you show him a chunk of the roof that isn't nailed correctly.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow that is $76960 to $91250 a year. I can tell I'm getting old as that seems like a bunch of money to me. I thought my daughter going to college for nursing and starting at about 50K was a great....now I'm not so sure, especially considering the debt she will have.

7. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Not sure about other trades but concrete workers around here are from 15-40ish/hr (entry level to sr guy). I know the heavy machine operators make a bit more than that as well.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

August 19th I start a Machine Tool operator class, at age 52..... :eek:

Always been interested in it, been downsized from my old profession and got a Pell grant to cover it.

Neighbor has been doing it for years, says they can't find people, old guys are retiring and kids have zero interest.

He makes $34.00.... :cool: