1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha yec ecu temperature reading

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Shuma-gorath, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

I double checked my dash settings and i am using a generic 2500 ohm temp sensor calibration that motec supplies to there start up maps for the r1. Temp outside was about 38-40 and the dash was 33. Now im sure if i took out the sensor got all the ohm values from that particular one it would be on point.
    So if that signal out to the dash is correct then the signal the ecu is getting is correct. The same time i am getting 33 on dash i am getting -14 on the ecu software.
    Since the ohms going into the ecu correspond with the dash readout i would say the the ecu has the right reading and the software is trash.
    Still it does not account for why the idle does not drop to where it should be.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

As I said earlier.

Is this a racebike? If so, why do you want the idle below 1500?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Shuma-gorath

Yes it is a race bike. I would of kept the idle high but its more of the fact i would like the computer to work as intended. So far the yec electronics are not very impressive and for the price they sell it. The whole interface and what it is capable of is like a flashback to 2004. I talked to a few yamaha r1/r6 owners and they said it was really good but i dont see it.

4. Shuma-gorath

Thanks for the help.

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not a problem. Get a dyno session scheduled. Sounds like it needs it.