1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha TZ750 monoshock project bike for sale with spares

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by wegnot, Apr 30, 2016.

1. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

For Sale: Yamaha TZ750 C&J frame monoshock project bike.

The frame is a very rare C&J frame purchased by Erv Kanemoto. Erv purchased 4 of these frame for his riders: Freddie Spencer, Gary Fisher and Gary Nixon. This bike is believed to be the Gary
    Nixon bike. I spoke with both Erv and Gary about this frame and they both considered these C&J frame TZ750s to be the best handling frames out there. Gary said he only ever did practice time on this bike - He broke his arm and was never able to race the bike. The Frame is in excellent condition with no visible signs of damage.

Motor: The motor is completely disassembled and almost ready for assembly. The cases have no serial numbers meaning they were replacement cases. More importantly these cases are low mileage and are in excellent shape with no explosions, bearing failures, seizures or repairs of any kind. Water, oil pump, all internal gears, and bearings are in great condition. Spare ignition shaft, oil pump and water pump are also included. Custom aftermarket aluminum TZ750 radiator.

Crankshafts: 5 crankshafts included. 2 Crankshafts in good condition but need to be rebuilt (Mileage on cranks is unknown and reason for rebuild). All new Yamaha bearings, seals, and connecting rods are included for a full rebuild. 4 new 93306-20614 and 4 new 93390-00012 crankshaft bearings, 4 new 4JT-11651-10 (TZ125 shot peened rods) Yamaha rods, 4 new 93310-422B0 Big end bearings. 3 extra crankshafts are included – they might be rebuildable but certainly good for parts.

Topend: 4 NOS Yamaha pistons are included along with 2 full sets of pistons rings. 15+ good used pistons and rings are also included. 7 set of cylinders are included. 2 are good original used cylinders with good chrome and could be used as is. 5 other cylinders would need to be re-plated. 5 sets of cylinder heads – 2 are in great shape and can be used as is with a little clean up, and the others need minor attention.

Transmission: Transmission is in great shape with no damage to any gears, engagement dogs, or bearings. Many transmission NOS shims are included. Clutch: full set of fiber and steel clutch plates. A second lightly used set of fiber and steels is also included.

Gaskets, Seals, O-rings: There are (6) Yamaha NOS crankshaft seals – these are no longer available from Yamaha. New ignition shaft (3), output shaft (2), clutch (2), water pump seals (2), ‘Yamaha’ blind plugs (2) are included – 2 full engine sets plus spares. A Full set of engine O-rings with many spares. Full set of gaskets with spares.

Carbs: (4) Yamaha TZ750 carbs (correct TZ750 carbs with the big fuel inlet pipes). Included are all necessary parts to assemble carbs including many NOS parts.

Ignition: (2) ignition stators with (1) ignition box. Still needed are 4 ignition coils.

Exhaust: (2) sets of expansion chambers. One set is a factory Yamaha monoshock set. Pipes are in good condition with the exception of the left side over-under pipe that has some road rash. The other set was supposedly made by Kevin Cameron (per Russ Bigley). This set needs a total restoration (some cones have been cut for re-alignment purposes and need to be refitted). Included is one NOS flat section pipe. I picked this pipe up in case I ever wanted to pattern it to make a full set of early TZ700 pipes.

Chassis: C&J frame in excellent condition with C&J swingarm. Chassis comes with a Spondon adjustable triple clamps with Cerini forks. Forks need to be disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and new fork oil added. Frame currently has a TZ350 shock installed. Included is a Factory Yamaha TZ750 monoshock unit with new rose joint end fitting.

Brakes: Kosman rotors. AP Lockheed calipers. Included are (2) original Yamaha magnesium front master cylinders + Yamaha rebuild kit, (1) Original Yamaha magnesium rear master cylinder.

Yamaha magnesium throttle assembly with (2) ‘4 cable’ throttle cables. (1) front Dymag rim. (1) front magnesium rim. (1) rear magnesium rim. Many extra new front and rear sprockets.

Body: 3 gas tanks are included. (1) New reproduction tank painted white with Yahama logo. Comes with gas gap mounting ring. No gas cap is included. (1) Stock Yamaha tank in very rough shape and needs a complete restoration. The gas cap has been removed and the gas cap mount has been welded up (I don’t know why someone did that). There are some minor dents. No fuel petcock. (1) Aftermarket (Isle or man) tank in good condition but needs a gas cap assembly and fuel petcock. I had intended to use an aftermarket fuel petcock as the Yamaha assembly is expensive and hard to come by. (1) used aftermarket TZ500 seat/tail section – fiberglass. This seat/tail section needs complete restoration. (1) Original Yamaha TZ750 front fender in great condition.

Summary of items to complete bike:
    - Rebuild crankshafts – all bearings, seals, washers included.
    - Assemble motor
    - Rebuild front forks
    - Source ignition coils (available aftermarket)
    - Source fuel petcock (available aftermarket)
    - Source misc. cooling hoses (available aftermarket or NOS)
    - Assemble bike.

I have spent over 15 years collecting all these parts. These parts came from the estate of Don Vesco, Cycle World writer Nick Ienatsch, various swap meets, ebay auctions, and other TZ750 owners. Original frame and motor were purchased from TZ750 expert Russ Bigley. Reason for sale: I purchased this frame and motor shortly after I graduated from college in 2000. Since then I have gotten married and have 2 kids with another on the way. Currently, I do not have time to work on this project and will not for the foreseeable future. See attached pictures. I was not able to take pictures of everything, so if you don't see something please ask. There were many misc. bags of washers, clips, fasteners (all nuts, bolts, clips, spacers for engine and frame are included) that I did not take pictures off. More pictures available on request. I encourage interested buyers to inspect all parts. $23,000.

Email: a x i a l c o m p r e s s o r (at) h o t m a i l (dot) com

cases1.jpg crankshaft.jpg cylinders.jpg forks.jpg frame.jpg gastanks.jpg orings.jpg pistons.jpg brakes.jpg carbs.jpg

2. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

3. hockyis1

hockyis1 Well-Known Member

Hi, current owner of a 1974 TZ700/750 here. Where are you located?

4. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

Sorry, I should have posted that. I'm located in White Lake MI 48386.

5. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

mountinghardware.jpg seals.jpg sprockets.jpg transmission.jpg

Attached Files:

6. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

7. hockyis1

hockyis1 Well-Known Member

Very tempting! I purchased my TZ last year and it was located 20 miles from you!

8. MFactoryWest

MFactoryWest Member

Is there a rear wheel included? It is not shown in the pics.

No rear axle/chain adjusters shown. Are they included?

Do the carbs have markings on them? They should say 409 or 1x2

Is there an inner clutch hub? The basket is visible in the pics but no inner hub.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  9. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

There is a rear wheel and second front wheel included. I will try to post a picture later. I cannot seem to find the rear axle/chain adjusters at the moment - I will adjust the price accordingly if I can't locate it for any perspective buyer. 1 carb is 1x2 and the others are 328. They are same body with different stampings. I will adjust price accordingly. Inner clutch hub is included - I will try to post a picture of it later.

10. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

Rear wheel is 18 and both front wheels are 16. Forks measure 40mm. There is a sprocket and rotor attached to the rear wheel.

frontwheel.jpg rearwheel.jpg innerclutch.jpg tail.jpg

11. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

12. MFactoryWest

MFactoryWest Member

the front mounts on the engine cases have 4 rubber mounts pressed in with a pipe between each pair (upper and lower front case mounts). It does not look like these are installed in the cases. Can you confirm?

Can you post a pic of the side view of the clutch hub and clutch basket to see the condition of the edges where the clutch plates ride?

Any ignition coils?

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Any interest in trades? I have about 30 bikes to choose from.

14. wegnot

wegnot Active Member

Sold - Thanks WERA forum.

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh! I have no more reason for living!

(congrats)

16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL still for sale? Obviously not but the google machine brought me to this thread!