Yamaha TTR 125L Supermoto wheel set

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by AMA229, Nov 14, 2018.

1. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Looking for a wheel set for a 2008 Yamaha TTR 125L. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thank you
    -Bryan

2. ChouDawg

ChouDawg Well-Known Member

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what size?

4. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

F 17 x 2.5
    R 17 x 3.5

5. TurboBlew

years ago I did excels on mine. If you have spare hubs... you would be looking at about $450 in parts (spokes, rims, nipples).

6. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies! I race a 600 & 1000 during the season and was looking for something to keep my head in the game during the winter. Do you recommend the 17 x 2.5 (front and rear) or the 17 x 3.5 rear. Does one size limit you to tire selection, etc. What size rear tire will a 3.5" rear accommodate? I have a ton of Pirelli SC1's 120/70, or could easily get my hands on the rears that the 300's run (may be overkill)

7. TurboBlew

On mine I ran the 125 sized slicks. (90/90-17??) 2.75 rim in the front and 3.5 in the rear.
    You could run 2 front tires without issue.

8. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

If you have the stock TTR you can put Bridgestone Bt45s on the stock rims and race in the stock class — most fun IMO—some are lacing a 16” front to the hub and still stock legal just check...

9. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks again Gents. What class do you feel is the most competitive? I used to race 450/open expert/pro on the West coast. Starting small and likely build a 450 SM in the near future. I'm in Charlotte, NC with easy access to Carolina Motorsports Park and VIR cart track.

10. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

11. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thank you Damian!

damiankelly likes this.
  12. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Damian, my TTR has a 16" rear and a 19" front in stock trim. Do you have any suggestions as to which brand/model tire to run if I decide to run it in the stock classes? Thanks in advance.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Bridgestone BT45s. Pretty much everyone running stock 100 setups use them.

14. AMA229

AMA229 HandsomeBanana

Thanks! Still learning.....what size and profile?

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

There are two speed ratings you can get BT45s in, H and V. H has taller sidewalls, V in the same rim size has shorter sidewalls, and may be wider. V seems to be 'stickier' than H and was what I was advised to run.

AMA229 likes this.