1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R6 CDI

Discussion in 'Tech' started by nmmaR6, Aug 16, 2004.

1. nmmaR6

nmmaR6 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a schematic diagram of the internals for a Yamaha R6 CDI (ignition box). Any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated.

2. 12pointRacing

12pointRacing two-stroke potato peeler

...while you are at it, how about the processor(s?) chip part numbers and a copy of the binary flash image.

;)

(ok, I know, wishful thinking)

3. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I e-mailed Yamaha and never did get a responce:)

4. nmmaR6

nmmaR6 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had much luck getting the potting compound removed? I have found that heating the box to about 200 degrees will loosen the compound somewhat but I am always looking for an easier way.

5. 12pointRacing

...a dremel tool and LOTS of patience. This worked on an FZR400 black box at least.

If you ever do this to an '03+ R6, I would be very interested in some high res digital photos. :) Mitsubishi makes the ECUs so I imagine they are much more than a single layer PC with off the shelf parts, but it is always interesting to see the chips onboard and see if I can dig up any spec sheets on them to see what they can do.

6. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

At my work, I've had some success using depotting solution from a company called Dynaloy in Indianapolis. They have a website I believe.

7. footfukinmasta

footfukinmasta Active Member

Stupid question , but why are you guys interested in taking the computer apart?

8. nmmaR6

nmmaR6 Well-Known Member

change the timming curve

9. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Some guys that mess with the ECU's just have them X-rayed at a vets so they can see where the stuff is that they need to modify.

It is alot easier than stripping all that stuff off.

10. 12pointRacing

Exactly.

And it would be nice to not have to purchase a power commander to modify what is probably a 16x16 fuel map when flashing a flash chip is as easy as it is.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

the 03-04 R6's already have built-in fuel adjustments... it may not be as much (or as easy) as a power commander, but you shouldnt have to break open the CDI... not sure about timing curves though.

Read about the fuel adjustments here.
    http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15407

12. nmmaR6

nmmaR6 Well-Known Member

Who makes an after marked CDI box for the 99-02 Yamaha R6's?