1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't matter a bit who his kid rides for. Doesn't matter when the bike was claimed. Also doesn't matter who called him where, he is an adult and has no business taking the kid aside to chat in this instance.

As the kid is the racer, that is how it is handled. There is nothing remotely wrong with the kid going to the officials on his own.

None of his business and truly a moot point in any of this.

Don't know or care who he is.

So no actual protest was filed because the rider was dq'd anyway?

kenessex and Quicktoy like this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So just stop reading the thread. Problem solved.

six6two and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have never once had an issue with a protest unless it was an attempt at payback for something else or game playing - however I have rules in the book to handle both situations so it's all good.

six6two likes this.
  4. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I did tech the last year of AMA up until then just raced. I can’t tell you how many times I had seen factory or satellite teams bikes apart in tech during the 90’s , all the rules were gray.

six6two and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

This sucks. I’m not smart enough to help you, but I will surely get on the financial band wagon if you sue or if some smart people here figure out a way we can group together and fuck this guy’s career with complaints or letter writing.

6. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Or at least open the Dungeon back up: I kinda want to see that guy's opinion on, well, everything.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did the promoter go out of his way to extend an invitation to the dad in the same way Brian Deegan was invited to the proceedings, though? Do we know that the dad turned it down? That would seem like a strange thing to do if he knew that the other dad was going to be there.

Shenanigans and Quicktoy like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe dad just expected the other adults involved to act with integrity.

stk0308 and Quicktoy like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

In case you thought I meant WERA, it was not a WERA event that I’m referencing.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the rider doing the claiming only has 30 minutes after the moto to file the claim. the kid went to their pit, dad was still walking around the track trying to get back to their pit (HUGE COMPLEX), and lost track of time, after watching the moto his son was just in, and forgot the kid was going to claim the bike. that is the story that is out there. to insert the dad was not involved, or sent the kid on his own, is you trying to justify the promoter, telling Brian Deegan what was up, and allowing him to talk to the minor with no one there to help represent said minor. THE RULE WAS IN PLACE AND FOLLOWED, DEEGAN HAD ZERO REASON TO DO ANYTHING BUT, GIVE THE BIKE TO THE AMA FOR HOLDING. HE HAD ZERO REASON TO SPEAK WITH THE KID. ZERO! this is what you are missing. Ski

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Even in club racing, usually the Protestee is not allowed to talk to the Protestor after the Protest has been filed.

13. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Not until the BBS resolves this issue

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well we must escalate this to the Pro-Ranks now. Does he get tried as a minor once he's a Pro? How far will the BBS take this saga?

If Deegan ever wins a championship, will it have an asteric?

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It was resolved 400 posts ago

16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

No way! BBS resolution isn't a real thing.

17. six6two

six6two AWD

No, I got that part too. YOU missed the part where Brian Deegan was minding his own business at their rig while the kid was dealing with the AMA and promoter over the claim, when THE PROMOTER CALLED DEEGAN ON THE PHONE TO GET HIM TO COME OVER THERE AND TALK TO THE KID MAKING THE CLAIM.

That promoter was also the only one alleged to make any threats, but yeah jump on Brian like everyone else here if it makes you feel better about whatever tf you’re doing!

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Since the promoter was the only one accused of threatening the kid, I would bet he didn’t talk to his parents at all.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Nah, from what I understand he is fairly talented. Now, if he wins on a STAR bike? Tear-em-down! lol

20. six6two

six6two AWD

I don’t think Brian should have said anything to the kid, but I also don’t see any evidence of foul play, much less a reason to call him a Dick/pussy/pos whatever else the internet can come up with over what we know here.

But my failed attempt at a protest was never even filed to begin with. I decided to wait till the next round.. hell I think very next weekend at Cycle Jam where he had a mechanical DNS and I never saw him again.

Again didn’t really mean to bring that up as the WERA officials at that round in particular had a lot going on, were onto said rider’s straight line speed, and ready to go through with our tear down when there was real money on the line at the next round. I don’t think I was actually refused for the protest, but determined on my own after seeing what all was going on that weekend that it would make no difference for us to wait until Road A.

I said all that to say I think claiming is a very serious issue.. hell even a simple tear down can be a major deal for a small program! For many privateers that don’t have the knowledge to even put a stock R6 back together properly, having a tech tear down and rebuild an engine could really eat away at a seasons budget… so we never even thought about pulling that shit on anybody until that one weekend where we thought we just had do it on principle, along with some other competitors.