1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He didn’t give up his bike so should have a 1 year hiatus per the rules right?

2. Quicktoy

I understand this. I’m saying every time he won something I’d look right at him and say you’re not worthy of being here cheater.

3. This is where the kid needed better people around him and thought through the potential backlash. Just playing devils advocate but what did the kid think, Yamaha would be high fiving him and wishing him luck? Not to mention he was a Yamaha rider sponsored by a dealer. It’s just the shit reality at times and this is a lot shittier than most behind the scenes bullying that goes on.

4. Then he’d just say “take it up with my team, I just ride the bikes” then yell “DAAAAAAAD, come help” :)

5. Well Star did say it was a $50k bike so there was certainly a fair bit of kit on it, even if it was off the shelf kit. I also don’t think anyone ever said the bike was illegal or it was the reason he won, think everyone has made that clear.

6. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

When has a claim worked out positively ever? Sure it’s legal, but we all know the consequences and unspoken rule behind the rule. It seems like every 10 years this comes up and it always ends the same. Factory amateur rider goes on to a pro career and claiming rider disappears in a year.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't want to hear shit about the "unspoken rule" behind the rule. If it is going to be an unspoken rule that prevents the rule book from being used as intended then throw the fucking rule book out because it's not worth the words put on paper the write it. Amazing how someone not playing by the rules always seems to come out unscathed. Shit behavior by adults essentially teaching kids that the rules don't apply if the company is big enough or the person has enough money. Seems politics are no different anywhere they are played.

Boman Forklift, R Acree, 969 and 20 others like this.
  8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Truer words have not been uttered in this thread.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The other kid "voluntarily withdrew" his claim. Under mafia-like pressure tactics from Yamaha, the promoter and daddy Deegan, but that doesn't break the rules as they are written.

And I don't know the first thing about the Deegan kid but I doubt he was calling the shots.

Boman Forklift and backbone like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This could all still be fixed if the right people would do the right thing. Just for the sake of the Deegan kid's future reputation, I think it would be a good move. As has been said several times, the kid didn't cause this mess.

11. Quicktoy

Oh I get everything you said. Everyone on every grid should look at him for the next year and call him a cheater. They cheated the kid who claimed his bike. Doesn’t matter if it was daddy or manager or corporate Yamaha. It caused young Deegan to cheat. Kid was pressured to withdraw claim. That again is cheating. He’s a cheater.

backbone likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Why is it the kids or anyone in his camps responsibility for the potential backlash. It’s not his fault.
    You seemingly keep making excuse for the shitty behaviors from Yamaha, Star, Deegan and the others.

backbone likes this.
  13. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

The Yamaha reps allowed this to get totally out of hand, which they seem to do a lot. That said, what bothers me more than anything was claiming kids Dad. He seemed to be absent when needed, not sure why. But if that was kid was my son and two grown men had him in a room brow beating him, I’d be coming through the door swinging. A shit ton of uppercuts needed for a lot of those involved.

14. Never once said I agreed with the behavior, never once. Unfortunately there is a potential of it and that is the reality. When you do something wether in a paddock, workplace, etc where you upset the people who have influence you should be prepared for shitty behavior. If anyone thinks claiming a bike from “the” Yamaha team while you are a Yamaha rider sponsored by a Yamaha dealer (getting free to use bikes X 5) won’t have some sort of negative effects you are extremely naive. I live in small town Ga, I’ve seen this type of behavior first hand. Some people prepare for the backlash and others don’t, most times the ones that don’t come out on the losing end. I don’t excuse or condone the behavior but I also cannot control how people will react.
    This Matt Walker guys a total snake from what I see. The kid was working at his camp as well as training, saving up money to do this. I highly doubt this was never discussed with him by the kid and never once heard him mention he tried to warn the kid before after the claim what the potential ramifications were. He sure did turn on the kid quickly.
    What I am hoping is this changes some rules but I’m doubting it because the Star, PC, etc teams all have a lot of influence either directly or indirectly. I hate this all happened but it also doesn’t surprise me at all. Certainly not the right point in the kids career to do it, that’s for sure.

G 97 likes this.
  15. I think Yamaha / Star should at a minimum build the kid a well prepped customer bike with some spares. Only issue that may be with that is it could be perceived as admitting they did something wrong, I doubt that will happen in our lifetime.

Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

This is going to be a big hit to the Deegan kid’s rep imo. They’ve carefully cultivated his persona to be one where he’s had to work harder because of who his dad is and has not had special treatment because of his lineage. This fiasco throws all that right out the window.

17. Quicktoy

This!!!!

18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Other than the fact the rider is responsible for his family and crew….
    That puts Little Douchebag on the hook for senior douchebags actions.
    AMA and MxSports has fault in this also as they will not place sanctions against them for their actions. It’s their responsibility to enforce the rules and what happened is clearly against the rules. Will cost Yamamaha a lot more than handing the bike over in the long run. IMO

Boman Forklift and Quicktoy like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, in case that hasn't been abundantly clear throughout this thread, I am 100% on the side of the kid who claimed the bike. But some of you guys need to separate actual facts as they relate to the rules, from emotion. There is nothing they could or should do to the Deegan kid unless sanctions are also levied against the promoter. The kid benefited* from the mafia tactics I mentioned earlier, but it's not like he is out there intentionally breaking legs of slower riders.

* Given his reported skill level, I would even say that only Yamaha/STAR benefited, since he apparently didn't need that bike to win.

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, the Deegan kid is 100% absolved with this entire deal. He should not be held accountable for actions of others, he had nothing to do with it. His dad however, is a different matter.

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.