1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xxxcomposites

Discussion in 'General' started by C.Joy, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Silus

Silus Well-Known Member

I didnt come here to start shite, I just wanted the facts to be known. Nothing I said was unwarranted, I simply want closure to this.

I appreciate the offer for the bodywork, but I have to decline. In place of that offer though I'd like you to ask Mike to come clean and return my 500 dollars. This would have been over a long time ago if he simply kept his word. I hope your words have more of an effect. Thanks.

2. OWEN L. REID

OWEN L. REID Well-Known Member

Hello USMC DOC,

For what it's worth...

I hope you realize my comments were very much tongue in cheek. I mean those I made in respect of your crashing. It just sounded funny, your saying you were going to continue to buy your bodywork from XXX for the rest of the season! I really knew what you meant and was just playing on words. I just wanted to rag you a bit.

However, I do take my beer very seriously. I really don't mind running in to you if it means we are going to have a beer. Guinness, mind you, or Warsteiner. None of this other strange stuff people serve over here. Well, actually, as long as it's beer, I'll drink it!

In respect of XXX... as I said, you had a good experience and that's great. I have since (happily) learned that, apparently, quite a few other people did too, and that's even better. Believe me, I am quite the optimist and like to think the best of people and situations.

If anyone read my earlier comments and applied the Queen's English, they might just detect that I did not say I knew many people that had not had good experiences. I said "I know many other people have not". There is a difference, and my comments were based not only on the current thread, but on comments from more than this source. Granted, some reported second or third hand, but if they were not true, then... sorry! Gosh, I thought I was being polite and none judgemental!!!

The instance where I do have first hand knowledge was not a good situation. If it can be put right, then all the better, once again, but that's not up to me!

Am I making sense? It's 2:00 AM, here in Memphis, and I have been out, drinking, with clients. Yes, it was Guinness. And a little Sterling Vinyard's Caberbnet Sauvignon!!!

The bottom line is... if the instances of things not working as well as all would have hoped are just isolated cases, then all the better for everyone concerned. I would be more than happy to acknowledge this.

When I posted my initial comments, it wasn't to be derogatory to XXX or any individual??? If it was, then... sorry. It was to, well frankly, to give you a hard time. In jest of course.

Anyway, I will hold you to the beer and will look you up next time I'm at the track. What region do you race in? Where is K'Town, TN?

Good luck in the WERA series.

Cheers - Owen

3. USMC DOC

USMC DOC Member

I live in the SE but we are racing national endurance.. Ktown=knoxville

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I received mine Monday. It does look like quality stuff. Haven't fitted it yet. [​IMG]

If it doesn't fit I'm calling the Supreme Court for resolution then I'm gonna get really mean an start a thread on here to trash talk Multi-Tech. [​IMG]

Should I call Multi-Tech and see if they will send me the fender if I run their stickers on my bike? [​IMG]

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I bought Multi-Tech & I am happy. I ordered it before x-mas, salesman said 3 weeks I said okay. The stuff showed up in 2 weeks nicely pakaged & ready to be drilled & painted. I mounted it up one night after work no problem & this was my 1st race glass to ever mount. The M4 mid pipe was rubbing the lower but from what I have seen the M4 rubs every brand [​IMG] it even rubbed the OEM plastic. I shimmed the fairing lower out & no more rubbing.

My complete set including frt. fender was $635 shipped & they charged me no shipping (a special at the time). It painted up nicely to according to my painter. He prepped it a little but not much. See for yourself:
    Mounting:
    [​IMG]
    Final job:
    [​IMG]

6. 00RedZX-6R

00RedZX-6R Member

I got my bodywork as well. After finally getting a hold of XXX, I had a good conversation. Every company has its problems, but there customer service helped smooth it out. I will order from them again. They just seem to have some startup problems.

7. 3-dave

3-dave Well-Known Member

Silus,

I stayed at a holiday inn express last night, so I now feel I can offer some legal advice. [​IMG] I believe most courts would look at xxxcomposites offer of a complete set of bodywork as performance of the contract you established by sending them your dough. If you are looking for a complete refund, I don't think that will happen. If a C.O.D. package was refused at the address provided by the customer and the vendor incurred expenses attempting delivery, you would need to deduct those expenses from your total refund. IMHO, if you still need the bodywork, I would take Jeff up on his offer and call it a day...

Can I send you a bill? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by 3-dave (edited 02-19-2002).]

8. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I agree, not that it matters. [​IMG]

9. Silus

Silus Well-Known Member

That would be right...but unfortunatly nothing...I repeat nothing was sent to me whether it was COD or not. We went through this at the other board, and Mike has already said he "Lost" the tracking number.

I never accused XXX composites, nor did I do business with them. I just let it be known that Mike Kontos was selling the bodies on the R6 messageboard.

This will end with Mike returning my money as a man, or through the court. And if it does, I can guarentee it will be a open and shut case.

10. 3-dave

3-dave Well-Known Member

i would rather have what i originally asked for as opposed to getting into a protracted cross-country legal battle... it's your time, you can whatever you desire with it. me, i like riding! [​IMG]

11. JWL37

JWL37 Member

12. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

Hey Silus i was wandering how long it was goin to be before you found this thread. I was going to post it on the R-6 board yesterday, but as i see, it takes little time for bad news to travel.

13. jtroyh

jtroyh Well-Known Member

Jeff, I wish you would at least continue to read this as I will reply with my personal experience to date when I get home. You may not like it, but you will at least see where I'm coming from. Your past,broken promises over two weeks, and RRW pulling your ad together certainly warrant my actions. I have not implicated you in any wrong doing or illegal activity because I do not know that as fact. I will elaborate this evening when I get home.

14. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

My decision to pull the ad was a judgement call, based on several things, including money owed to Roadracing World for ads ordered and not paid for by companies in which JWL had some involvement.

At one point, promises to pay these outstanding debts were made. And reneged on. Once thing was told to my ad guy, another thing to me.

My decision to continue to not run the XXX ads is based on, among other things, the fact that I was told by a person who claimed to own the company that JWL's only involvement with XXX was as a skilled laminator. Based on his interaction with customers, I found that hard to believe at the time. And now JWL has posted here and stated that he is general manager. Which is not the same thing as being a skilled laminator who has nothing to do with the running of the company or with delivery promises that were made and broken with customers.

I've seen enough problems and stories of problems with companies that JWL was involved in, and I'm owed enough money from companies that JWL was involved in, that I don't know what to believe. That being the case, I'm not going to take their money and run their ads.

15. CCS990

CCS990 Well-Known Member

You obviously missed the point, Jeff. My comment about staying away from xxx because of association is due to the fact that Mike is acting as your agent, and while doing so is acting in a dishonest and vulgar manner, to say the least. You are aware of this, yet haven't said anything to distance yourself from him or his actions. Maybe some people think my conclusion is unfair, but I think it's logical.
    Your payment policy just adds to the suspicion. I'm sure you know that it's standard to charge the customer when mdse is shipped.
    And, your offer of a race body to the guy in CA doesn't solve his problem, and declining your offer was the principled thing to do. You could've made some integrity points by addressing the problem, as Sam (kneedraggers.com) did on the other BBS. If Mike was faced with doing the right thing or losing his sponsors, the problem would likely be solved quickly.
    I'd love to see some more premium-quality race bodywork on the market to compete with Sharkskinz, and maybe I'll give xxx another look in a while if things improve. [​IMG]
    David

16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

JWL, Bless Your Heart!...you'll send him "free bodywork"?...how is it free or "at no cost" when the guy paid $500 already? Is that what they call The New Math???...oh he didn't pay you, but he paid out $500 to your representative so how is it "at no cost"?...don't you mean "at no further cost"?

You said that Mike is a good representative of your company...uh, well, you need to realize that vulgar name-calling & making threats in a messageboard will not attract customers.

If calling us out to argue or fight face-to-face at Daytona is a reflection of your company, what message are you trying to send?

It's one thing to say that one is willing to discuss matters, but it's another to make threats.

17. Silus

Silus Well-Known Member

He's just trying to show his good faith as a business man, by untying his associations with the man that took my money. WeazelRacing(mike kontos). Sam from Kneedraggers.com also did the same. I really dont know the deal is here, so i'm not gonna bash anyone unless I know they screwed me over.

Once again, I did not deal with XXX Composites, nor was I even buying bodywork (I dont even race) I was buying streetbike parts from Mike Kontos. My problem with him will remain with him until I recieve five-hundred dollars (thats a promise mike) I dont know the past dealings of XXX Composites, but they had good intentions of clearing the problem up, so my problem is deffinatly not with them.

[This message has been edited by Silus (edited 02-19-2002).]

18. JWL37

JWL37 Member

Joe:
    What threat did I make to anyone? If you read my posts you would see that until yesterday I had no knowledge of any agreements or disagreements between Mike and Silus. In the term of 12 hours do you expect me to be able to conclude guilt or innocence? The money he paid Mike was not for a set of Triple X bodywork and I know this because I spoke to Silus on the phone this afternoon.
    Mike is not an authorized agent to collect money on our behalf, and Silus did not pay him for our product, or beleive he was acting as an agent of Triple X - Ask Silus yourself.

[This message has been edited by JWL37 (edited 02-19-2002).]

19. JWL37

JWL37 Member

Troy:
    I do not believe that you over reacted, when I said we have two unhappy customers, I mean you are one of them and you are justified, and we are going to try and make it up to you. I do not expect you to ever be a loyal and happy customer of ours but perhaps we can at least take some of the bad taste out of your mouth. You have our appologies before, we have refunded your money and on Firday I will call you with a UPS tracking number for the R6 body that will be on it s way. I wish you could have waited the extra couple of days previously but I understand why you chose not to. What I am trying to figure out is what we are suppose to do at this point to redeem ourselves to you and for all of the negative press we have recieved from this situation. As for Roadracing World, all we can do is hope that in time we can prove ourselves to them and be welcomed back into the magazine. In your case your order was late and it caused you some major inconvenience, however we must surely be able to make it up to you some how. This Kontos and Silus issue really has nothing to do with us, I simply stepped into to try and help out, however that was apparently the wrong thing for us to do as we are now being crucified for that also. Let me make clear to all others, MIKE KONTOS IS A RIDER WE SPONSOR, NOT AN AUTHORIZED SALES REP OR AGENT. His dealings with Silus were not as an agent of ours or even selling our product. How hard is it for people to grasp that from the plain facts that have been laid out by myself, Kontos and Silus here on this message board. I suppose that if a rider we sponsor takes someone out in a race some of you will be calling us and expecting us to pay for the damage to your bike because we sponsor him, am I the only one that sees this situation as ridiculous and getting completely out of hand?
    Triple X did not fullfill its promises and responsibilities to Troy and we are doing everything we can after the fact to make it up to him, we have gone out of our way to calm a situation between Silus and Kontos that really has nothing to do with us, we have some things to prove to Roadracing World and over time that will happen.
    Why is everyone so freaked out?

20. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I take it back, I didn't mean it. I'm not even going to put bodywork on my bike. Naw, seriously, I never expected to open this can of worms. Anyway, my local honda dealer got his Vortex dealership and I now am the proud owner of a set of plastic. Owen, I'll buy the Guiness if you will come put this stuff on. What a pain in the a#$.