1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xr100 motard tires on stock rims

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Jan 10, 2017.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

looking for some slicks or something I can put on my stock xr100 rims, do they even sell them?

2. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Most all of us use BT45's

stickboy274 likes this.
  3. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

THIS

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Bt45s with a xr80 front wheel

5. zippytech

What size do you guys run on the stock rims, I see several different sizes.

B. Myers likes this.
  6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

7. zippytech

Thanks

Cam Morehead likes this.
  8. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

110's front and rear? Even with 19" front? Anyone run Trailwings? Looking for XR80 front, but plan ride 19" for now..,

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Bt45 on the stock wheel works good.

10. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I run trailwings exclusively on all the XR100s and dualsports i have.

they are actually really great tires. will lay down a blue groove on a fresh clay flattrack no problem and we used to run a karttrack made for those bumper karts and the surface was slick concrete. i found the trailwings were better than the BT45s on that surface too. i dunno how, maybe the BTs just couldnt get enough heat but that was my experience.

they are quite sticky, just get the freshest ones you can. on the CRF/XR100, get the ones that came stock on the XL100S or XL80S.

people who call them "death-wings" have no clue. Ive also tried the various knock-offs that have the same tread patterns too. much cheaper but not the same grip.

might want to check with whoever runs the track you plan to run if its dirt, some consider them "knobbies" and wont let you run them even though they dont really dig up the surface at all on the little bikes.

edit: BTW, the trail-wings are a good bit lighter than the BTs and if you fix up your rims you can run them tubeless too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    B. Myers likes this.
  11. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

What model Trailwings? TW 39's??

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Trailwings souud perfect for what I'm doing. Thanks!

About to tackle a late model XR100 stock appearing build. Not meaning to thread-jack, but who are the reputable suppliers of parts? A lot of them out there..

Happy to entertain suggestions, based on your experiences. Thanks!

Oh, have a similar late XR80 begging for attention, also..

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

RMATVMC

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

TW8 & TW9

but looks like they may have discontinued them for the 100 16" rear now. they were OEM on the 1985 XL100S.

mine all have 80 rims (2.50x16 & 3.00x14 tires) aswell as forks, swingarm, chain, sprockets, etc. its all lighter and handles better IMO but some stock classes wont allow this.

I'll pull out the Honda manuals and get the exact XL100S rear tire size this weekend and see if I can find it available somewhere. thats the only one that aint coming up on a quick search.

the BT45s with a tire groover in the right hands make a good flattrack tire too.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    B. Myers likes this.