1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWE deemed essential

Discussion in 'General' started by ghetto customs, Apr 14, 2020.

1. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

My question is if the AMA and Race Orgs are developing proposals to pitch to the policy makers (otherwise known as lobbying) in various states / areas. I would think racing could be planned to limit individual exposure and create a covid safe environment. At least as safe as racing is anyways! WWE didn't get that designation by sitting around and waiting for someone else to suggest it, that's for sure!

5. ghetto customs

Absolutely!
    The show must go on..
    WWE stepped up and essentially made a deal with the governor for their show to stay on air and that's what itll take to get all sports entertainment back on the road.

People can only sit on their hands for so long...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As soon as we have their money and pull I'll start setting up meetings with governors :D

t11ravis, joec, Robby-Bobby and 3 others like this.
  7. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Vince needs to recover that XFL money he lost.

8. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

ah go for it just tell them no audience. also racers stay 6 feet apart on the track. no shmoozeing in the pits. keep all pit movements six feet apart and go for it!

9. ghetto customs

Emails , phone calls to racetracks and elected officials wouldn't hurt to get WERA back in the paddocks.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Calling the racetracks would do nothing. Elected officials might but I truly doubt it. We're nothing to them, they'd be more likely to do kids sports first.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If racing could (and did) bring as much cash to Florida as the WWE does and could do it without huge crowds there would be racing there every weekend.

Yeah, ASSCAR but how much would they bring in without the crowds?

Not to mention the political pull that McMahon has but that's for the Dungeon if it ever reopens. :D

12. ghetto customs

The governor can open parks to get kid sports rolling again. Most all rich people in sports have political pull.

At this point, any cash coming in for anyone is a positive.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Someone with more insight correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always gotten the feeling that MA operated on a knife edge in regards to offsetting operating expenses each weekend, taking a loss on some and small profit on others. Seems that racing without spectators and vendors, they would just be taking even more losses. Trust me, I want racing to resume as much as anybody. Just not sure if that's actually practical.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Here all the hair salons and barbershops are closed but my daughter just went back to work grooming dogs which is essential.
    It's all bullshit. Whoever has the right pull or has the right friend can get permission to work. Everybody needs to wake up
    and go open their businesses.

ChemGuy likes this.
  16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I wouldn't want to chance crashing and having to spend time in any hospital while the Rona is still a hot topic.

dtalbott and The Great One like this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Not enough bread in that racing circus

18. ghetto customs

I dont think anyone is going to argue with your point Quentin as the internet trollness that's in you wants someone to but, as MA just like WERA is in limbo with sponsors and obligations to fulfill they still want to get back to work. Would also have a trickle effect to put others back to work.

We want to watch hockey on TV and with that, it would put folks back to work to run the arena and TV cameras while the game is being played.

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

now see.. quoting anything CNN is where ya f-ed up.. Talk about mis-management, they are about as 1 sided as it gets.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ron Desantis.....:crackup: