1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Pit Bull tire wedge

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by twistychaser, Mar 13, 2021.

1. twistychaser

twistychaser Well-Known Member

Looking for a used Pit Bull tire wedge. Thanks for looking.

2. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Had to google 'pitbull wedge'. Pretty cool. That item is worth its weight in gold. No more foot under the tire as a 'third hand'.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

right... OP hoping to save $40? Jesus its a $100 item that will pay for itself in 3 uses.

4. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Had to got there, eh? Was thinking the same but to each their own. :)

I ordered that puppy, btw. The past few days, I removed 2 sets of wheels (2 bikes) 3 times each for fork tube removal, drilling for safety wiring and, in a moment of vanity, swapping the wheels of different colors to see how they looked on the other bike.

5. twistychaser

I figured I'd throw it out there. I will definitely pay full price if no one hits in a few days. Playing this game trying to ball on a budget is laughable, I agree.

Newyork and TurboBlew like this.
  6. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I have one and haven't used it in probably three or four years. I would say it basically brand new. How about $50 shipped? You can PM me if you like.

Newyork likes this.
  7. twistychaser

PM sent. Thanks alot!!

8. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

Tire Wedge was a popular item. Got several requests for it, but the OP will have it in his hands on Wednesday. Pleasure doing business!

9. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

A 2x4 does the same when angled right on a pitbull stand ;)

10. twistychaser

A piece of decking board, my owners manual, and a post it note pad stacked worked as well. Looking forward to this set-up!

11. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Boards work until you do this professionally and have 6 wheels to pull, all at different heights. Then the height adjuster is your friend.

sbk1198 and RRP like this.
  12. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

A crescent wrench or channel locks will take off axle nuts. LoL

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. twistychaser

The wedge arrived today. It was exactly as seller stated, in excellent condition. Looking forward to putting it to service!!

sheepofblue and Youpaiyou like this.
  14. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

But cause damage doing it :) . Apples/oranges. I have both the tire wedge & my 2x4 (which I still use in a pinch). I can use my 2x4 as a wheel stop on my trailer too!

15. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I've used my Pitbull wedge as a wheel stop for my trailer. Works great too! LOL

2blueYam and JTRC51 like this.
  16. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

I used a piece of wood for years, couldn't imagine something being worth 100x the cost. After using a friend's wedge last weekend I immediately ordered one from Justin Levy at Trackside Parts Club, it is that much better.

____Kurt____ and SBKBee like this.