1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Ninja 400 Track Bike

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by DmanSlam, Mar 20, 2021.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Very interested in finding one. PM me with the details.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. DmanSlam

Thanks. Looking for something that already has the race mods done. I know I'm shopping at the wrong time of the season though.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Most of the decent bikes have at least $2000 spent on suspension. We'll use that as the going rate... and it will likely need to be "refreshed/resprung"
    You score an auction bike for $1500 now youre at $3,500... thats about $1500-2500 less than what a well appointed 400 is selling. That allows you
    to buy the suspension first hand.

Pepsi Drinker and DmanSlam like this.
  5. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

PM Sent.

6. DmanSlam

I'm seriously looking into a Ninja 400 again. I almost bought one this past weekend. It had the usual "street" upgrades. Hoping to find a true, track-prepped bike with worked suspension.

Anyway, I have some pointed questions:

Is a later model year recommended? 2018+? (I see a few gently-used 2020s)

Top 5 upgrades recommended? Product suggestions also welcomed...unless it starts a "favorite oil" type of discussion. :D

In my initial research, I found there are different build kits you can buy. But I don't want to get too pricey.

Also found this site here: https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/the-kawasaki-ninja-400-revisited-at-the-track.

7. DmanSlam

Found one. Thanks all.