1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Frame ( clean title ) for street machine

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by The_Yakkis, Apr 27, 2016.

1. The_Yakkis

The_Yakkis I used to think I was fast

I've been wanting to build a bike for years. I've finally learned that I get really irritated having to spin the piss out of an i-4 engine on the street so I'm building a twin or a triple.. . . . .or maybe a 'busa. It has to be something with some "grunt" to it.

Excited about an xb12 or an fz-09.

Thinking about an sv1000, z1000, rc-51, cross-plane R1.........hell, anything that isn't gutless under 5k RPM.

Obviously, I'll need a motor as well so if you have one to go with a frame, let me know. I'm open minded, if you have any suggestions for a bike, I'm listening. Located in upstate SC.

Edit: Fuel injected only, please

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Metalhead izzat you?

3. The_Yakkis

Nope, different guy. Though if he lives close by, I'd like to meet him . Sounds like we have similar tastes in rides. All my friends punked out of riding as life took it's toll. That and the fact that they got married and caved in on the same old " You better get rid of that f*ckin' thing before you kill yourself " pressure.

4. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I've got the SV1000 frame and motor, but just an already signed MSO

5. The_Yakkis

What would it take to get an actual title for it ?

6. The_Yakkis

It seems like I can use the MSO as the paper work to generate a title from. I'll check first at the division of motor vehicles.

How much were you looking to get for it ?

7. SVbadguy

$100 for the main frame, 150 with the swingarm

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If I'm not mistaken, an MSO to Title transaction requires a Sales Tax payment on the price of the original, unmolested bike. If you don't know what it is, I'm sure DMV will be happy to assign the MSRP value.
    If you assign a value too far off that mark, they'll challenge it by issuing a request for further moneys.

9. The_Yakkis

I can't argue with that.

What condition is it in ? .......... and how much with the motor ?

10. The_Yakkis

So it sounds like an easy process as long as I'm willing to cough up the maximum sales tax cap at an extra $300.00 to get a title. That doesn't scare me away unless I have to get a title immediately. If I can wait until the bike is done, I'll be much happier about paying it then. Unless I break down and sell the "Thunder Couch" , a.k.a. 5th gen VFR, I figure it'll be a couple years of saving and piecing it together.

11. SVbadguy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For $500 I'll sell the motor along with the throttle bodies, airbox and wire harness. It will need one intake manifold though. I sold one to the M4 team.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

I have an sv650 frame with title for $200 here in Greenville. With swingarm and wire harness, as well as triples

13. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

I have a buddy, that has a 08 ZX10 rolling chassis, clean GA title. Not sure on price, but would probably be a deal.

14. The_Yakkis

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and respond. Everything sounds good. It should be about a month or so before I can pull the trigger on this. As long as I can generate a title from the MSO .

What does it mean when you say it's already signed ?
    .......sorry for being a pain in the ass but I would cry if I built an sv1000 dirtbike.

I prefer the 1000, but this would be good as well. Thank you, I should be able to figure out what I want to do pretty soon.

Lol, does it print it's own speeding tickets too ? I was looking for something a little more "street friendly" but if it's in my price range I'd love to take a look at it. Shoot me a price. Maybe I could tie some cinder blocks to it or fall in love with a BBW. Common sense tells me I should keep it under 150hp but to quote Jeremy Clarkson, : " POWERRRRRRR !!!! "

Thank you guys for all the offers. I'm grateful.

15. automan

[QUOTE="The_Yakkis, post: 4850661, member: 56425

I prefer the 1000, but this would be good as well. Thank you, I should be able to figure out what I want to do pretty soon.

Lol, does it print it's own speeding tickets too ? I was looking for something a little more "street friendly" but if it's in my price range I'd love to take a look at it. Shoot me a price. Maybe I could tie some cinder blocks to it or fall in love with a BBW. Common sense tells me I should keep it under 150hp but to quote Jeremy Clarkson, : " POWERRRRRRR !!!! "

Thank you guys for all the offers. I'm grateful.[/QUOTE]

Rolling chassis, no motor, no wiring, no tank, no body.

16. The_Yakkis

I understand. Frame, swingarm, triples, forks, rear shock and wheels. Brakes ?

17. automan

Yes, wheels, brakes, forks, swingarm, headlight

18. automan

I can email or text pic, too big to go here

19. The_Yakkis

[email protected] Thanks

20. The_Yakkis

I'm gonna pass on that one. I'm not seeing any motors for it at a decent price and I have a feeling that full coverage insurance is probably going to look more like a finance payment. Thanks for the offer brother.