1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB fold it cart used

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Gmay99, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

any body got one of these over priced bastards?

2. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

We have a whole thread basically about trying to get one for under $225

3. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

I have one Geoff, not for sale, but if you need it for Daytona, you are welcome to borrow it.

4. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Someone needs to make these things. I know there are some engineers on here. The prices are ridiculous!!!

TX Joose likes this.
  5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Geoff... I lent mine to DiSalvo and Harris for Daytona... I think they have 2 if you are in need... tell them Perrone said you could borrow one...

Gmay99 likes this.
  7. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

8. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

tawzx12r likes this.
  9. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

10. gapman789

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

12. gapman789

Yeah, it came out to $235.18 shipped. $10-15 more than ebay.

13. TX Joose

I keep checking these cart threads thinking that somebody found them for a price that's reasonable

14. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Here is the deal:

I am checking with a few vendors on “the other amazon” what their bulk prices are (me buying 50 of them)

Well, with a pretty unclear quality perspective and their pricing at around $100 (i keep lowballing them) plus shipping between $40 and $80 across the US once i have them, the gap to the original is not worth the hassle for me.

However, i am checking hinge designs and CF panels too. Thinking of an IKEA version to save on shipping and assembly cost

16. gapman789

I"m all for saving money in this expensive sport, but, with $1400 shocks, $1500 forks, $1000 in tires in a weekend, etc....what's a mere $225 for a bad ass cart that will last a life time?

Asses are so tight around here, they squeak. NTTAWWT :D

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, just the pictures of the alternatives made me go ummmm... nope. All said and done, a lesser product plus shipping would have ended up $50-80 short of a top notch product shipped (amazon)

Still, during some free time, i will keep olaying around with designs. Simple foldable rails and such...

OTOH

Wouldn’t a well-rollable and possibly hitchable tire tree make sense as well?

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes it would!

19. gapman789

Subscribed

20. TX Joose

I'm going see see how much it would cost in materials this weekend to build a similar cart. I made a CAD model of a folding cart. Seems simple enough