1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'General' started by BarryG, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

Going to Laguna for the first time. I've read over the years that local hotels really jack up their prices, and a quick look online shows me they range from $160 up to $plenty.
    Can someone provide me with an alternative town or area to look where hotel prices may be a little more reasonable? I'll have a car, don't mind driving a bit each day, and don't need to be near the night time action/shenanigans.
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure Salinas is your best bet.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I got a place in Monterey off airbnb.com for $149 a night.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm with Mongo, stayed in Salinas for less and it isn't too far away.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Tent on the hill above T4 is the cheapest. :) Otherwise Mongo is right, Salinas is your best bet.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Only thing that blows is the commute in & out of the track (2 lane roads). A nice sized tent, air mattress, and basics is much nicer for the weekend! Unless, of course it rains. :(
    After 7pm... the ride over to Monterey isnt bad.

7. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

This^^ It's opposite most of the race day traffic and not that far from the track.

8. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

There are a couple of campgrounds in Carmel Valley if you prefer that route. Pool, hot tub, and quiet hours ...
    Laureles Grade road (south from the track, to Carmel Valley) is a HOOT, but well patrolled on race weekends.
    Ditto for G-16 & East Carmel Valley Road ...