1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK | 2023 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by koth442, Jul 30, 2022.

1. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I understand that. I am referring to the net change of riders in WSBK. Laverty and Nozane are leaving series, Aegerter and Gardner are new. Separately, I don’t know if/how GG’s move will impact his results.

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

GG pulls his head out of his ass he can take VDM's factory seat for 24' since Michael only signed a 1 year deal. I don't see VDM staying in WSBK after 23' with his injuries and new kid.

RS250Ape, stk0308 and henry_carlson like this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They don't want him. He staying because Aruba.it wants him.

6. ljuice26

Regardless, he's on the best bike on the grid and it will allow him to fight at the top next year.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Harsh!

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

He will still be behind Rea, Redding and Bautista. There are plenty of riders who would likely do better in that seat IMO.

418 likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not the one saying it. It's coming from people close to the situation.

10. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Ducati factory teams (wsbk and gp) acting as such a cunts or that’s just how I see it!?

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I have no doubt and didn’t think it was just you saying it. It reads as if it was a complete Dick Punch (once again not from you).

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, I thought that sounded pretty brutal. But that's how the guy said it.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Why does Aruba.it want Rinaldi? Specifically over Bassani, but also in general. Rinaldi seems like a good enough guy. I don’t see Bassani, or anyone else currently in WSBK, as a meaningful step up so sticking with him seems like a safe move. On tje other hand, pulling someone from MotoGP or Moto2 would have been a bolder move with great potential upside.

KneeDragger_c69 and 418 like this.
  14. ljuice26

He wont be behind Redding and if you've been watching, he getting closer and closer to the top. a little more consistency and he could be in the mix for 3rd in the chip. We will have to watch and see.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

GG's teammate: Loris Baz will stay with Bonovo Action BMW for the 2023

16. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

That'll be cool IMO.

The MA page will be going nuts every time there's a WSBK round. I'm predicting the following headline: "Former MA stars Garrett Gerloff and Loris Baz race together this weekend in World Superbike Championship".

Circacee, henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't understand why Pucetti is trying to bring back Tom Sykes. He seems to have about as much left in the tank as Adrian Peterson.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Same.

Then again how long did WSBK keep Haslam around after his prime?

ungwaha likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Another complete mystery to me. And I remember reading recently that there are talks of him possibly going back again! I can't remember if that was linked to the same ride.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shakey kept giving it another year. :D