1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW, my head hurts......

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Aug 5, 2017.

1. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

heck yeah on a drag bike..works on a winger going straight too.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So much lean, it's actually picking the center of the tire up.

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The car tire guys are probably a lot more honest in a way. At least they're conceding that they don't use the capability of their tires.

I love when my friends call me for advice on tires and ask questions about grip and warm up time. Meanwhile they've never used the outside inch and a half of their tire. I think they just regurgitate terminology they heard watching MotoGP.

4. ruckusracing

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

^ Uh... um... speechless.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks viable to me.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

This has been done for a long time. If I recall correct a number of people on FJR / ST bikes do that. Not something you should try on a Versys or a KLR

8. ruckusracing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually like the rear tire on the front.....

9. ruckusracing

"A car tire is not practical for a sport bike even though its cornering traction is probably as good as a motorcycle sportbike tire and can maintain similar speeds thru corners

where the car tire becomes impractical is rotating mass, you cannot accelerate out of corners as fast with a heavier tire. The bike with the car tire will never keep up with the one with a bike tire"

Stolen from the site

10. But does he have the trophy to prove it? Kick him in the balls just for saying that.

11. But you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time :)

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I recall a long time ago seeing somebody using one of those space saver spare tires on his motorcycle. It looked a bit scary.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

This.

When I had the wing, I went through a set of tires about every 6-8000 miles. The fronts would cup/scallop, and the rear just wore. Also, the underside of the floorboards was always scraped and scratched.