1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK I 2021 I Round 4 I Donnington Park | UK I July 2nd-4th

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

But man would it have been a great ride if he'd have held of Lowes. That pass back after the early block pass was perfect until... I hope he shakes it off for tomorrow.

Senna and Quicktoy like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, even the announcers seemed very impressed with him and spoke of his undeniable talent.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

GG is doing fantastic.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Hope you’re right. Never know what will swing the pendulum, talented and fast, or penchant to visit ground. Maybe he’ll understand Goddards better now and doesn’t repeat the mistake.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Love watching GG, but I find myself holding my breath as he races because it seems something always happens. Ugh.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

The way Toprak rides doesn't even compute.

Rea got real lucky for not coming off inT2.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. 418

418 Expert #59

FWIW its easier to make a fast rider stop crashing than make a "slow" rider have that something extra. He'll get it together soon.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Toprak is like a stunt rider. He’s basically doing controlled stoppies at some corners. By far the best front brake hand out there right now.

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Toprak rides the bike like it’s his Bitch. I found when I was able to do this I went faster but man it felt like the edge.

418 likes this.
  10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I thought the same. He could have had Lowes tow him around for a bit longer before making his move. Just seemed a bit early and he didn’t have the pace to break Lowes.

svracer22 and Quicktoy like this.
  11. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I noticed GG has some serious energy when he rides and he shows up and impresses everyone. despite the crash he never gave up...once he harnesses the energy I think he will be fighting for a win.

L8RSK8R and Quicktoy like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

He deadlifted the bike after he crashed like Ronnie Coleman.

L8RSK8R, Quicktoy and 418 like this.
  13. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Toprak got his start in stunting.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Quicktoy

Thank god he went to racing. Get your foot up lol.

rice r0cket likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Thanks, now every starboy in the universe will think they're the next WSBK winner OnLy If ThEy HaD a ChAnCE. :rolleyes:

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

If I don’t have the WSBK pass is the race on any of the usual channels? FS1, FS2, NBCSN?

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

I don’t think so :/

18. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

If you are looking at it from a Yamaha standpoint Gerloff is doing exactly what he is supposed to do. Leading the independent riders championship and grt Yamaha is leading the independent teams championship. As a far as Yamaha goes that's exactly what they want. He is also very likable and is a big talking point which is also a positive for Yamaha.

Quicktoy, svracer22 and L8RSK8R like this.
  19. Quicktoy

I just watched warmup. Dry but very grey and overcast. They all improved every lap basically in the session. Top three are JR, TR and GG separated by just over a tenth. I foresee GG battling with Lowes in race one at the beginning. Being so dry I think Toprak will be held up by the Beemers and Ducatis for a few laps off the start so I think he and GG will battle at the end of the race.

20. Quicktoy

Gg in P5 right now. Doing ok but not as I expected. Track looks dry but many are out there on wets so those will be shredded so will be a different end I bet.