1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK | 2019 | Round 2 | Pirelli Thai | Mar 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 15, 2019.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Kawy guy here all the way but I don't believe that KRT is getting it handed to them...
    Ducati has just a better rider.
    KRT had it in Sykes and then in Rea...
    If you take Bautista out of the equation, then Rea is till leading the pack.

Bautista and Ducati have that thing dialed in pretty well...
    If you look at ALL the other Duc racers, not one of them is able to way any sort of waves on the track... Davies included !

Bautista is one with that Duc and it shows.... He slides that thing like I brush my teeth... except I make a mess in the sink and he doesn't ;):p

turbulence and Phl218 like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

well yeah...handed to them because of rider is still handing it to them...They are just absolutely crushing KRT right now. "6" wins ( i think that extra race is silly), but yeah...a L is a L

[​IMG]

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sometimes it even flip flops back and forth....

[​IMG]

03RumbleBee, WANABE RACER and Phl218 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just really makes WSBK look like the 'B' leagues, which I guess it is.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Davies was looking decent in Race 2 until the mechanical issue. As he gets more time on the new bike, I expect him to be closer to the front.

03RumbleBee and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

But that's the thing, I don't think they are crushing KRT...
    If you look at the constructor standing, KRT should be first (although I think Yamaha might be first, since they SO MANY riders on them running quite up ahead the pack), since Rea and Haslam are both WAY ahead of the second fastest Duc... but for some odd reason, they only count one rider !?!?! :Poke:
    Ducati 124 - 25 12 25 25 12 25 - - - - - - - - - - -
    2 Kawasaki 98 - 20 9 20 20 9 20 - - - - - - - - - - -
    3 Yamaha 74 - 16 6 13 16 7 16 - - - - - - - - - - -
    4 BMW 25 - 9 - 4 7 - 5 - - - - - - - - - - -
    5 Honda 13 - - 6 3 - 4

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That got me wondering what puked inside his Duc. That's the v4R's first technical issue in a race thus far I think.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looks like that's how it's done to normalize the data, so it's not # of bikes on grid dependent. So best finish position of mfg kinda makes sense, not total of bikes on grid.

Just this year it mimics the rider standings, since it's been the same finishing order 1/2

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think y'all remember Biaggi's wsbk years correctly. He wasn't blazing anything until Aprilia built a prototype and went racing SBK with it. And they had use a warehouse full of engines to get it done.

stk0308 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

but that was Eyebrow killing the rulebooks again too

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I knew what you were talking about. They don't post acceleration figures. I went with the data that was available.
    I doubt that anyone on the grid wants a lower top speed. I would bet that Rea never asked his crew to give him less because the Honda proves that it hurts lap times.

418 likes this.
  12. 418

418 Expert #59

It ain't always about you.:Poke:

I was responding to the other putz.

13. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Looked to me like Bautista had better mid corner speed than Rea. Maybe why his exit speeds are higher.

turbulence and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm just hoping we don't have to listen to how Johnny Rea is the GOAT and Bautista is only winning because of the top speed advantage for the next 10 years.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looking at how much more top speed he gets out of his bike compared to the other Ducatis, he is definitely doing something right in the corners to carry that speed down the straight.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well he only squeezed an extra 3-4kph out over the other V4's and with his size I'd have guessed it should have been more.

Him behind the bubble at 5'3" and 125lbs versus Chaz or MRR at 6'ish and 165lbs - that's a lotta extra drag and weight to push around for the bike.

Eugene is likely somewhere in the middle of those but since they left the brakes off his bike he should be the fastest without that bothersome extra unsprung weight. :)

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His highest recorded speed is 313.9. That's a bit more than 3-4 kph over Rinaldi and Laverty. But still a good point in the general context of the discussion.

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

and yet either one of you STILL haven’t addressed how a higher top speed and a greater acceleration has helped Ducati take positions 1-4 in all six races.

oh wait...

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Holy shit, this is some frightening density here. If two racers of comparable ability go head-to-head, the guy on the better/faster bike is probably going to win. That doesn't mean that everyone on that bike is going to win. Did I seriously just have to explain that? Good Lord…

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

wait, but according to the beeb, Rea is the better rider. he doesn't even have his own crash count thread... :Poke: