1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 01 | Yamaha Finance Australian Round | 28 FEB - 01 MAR

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 25, 2020.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Hahaha they were not up yet

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Hahaha they were not up yet

3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Our boy Gerloff did well for 70% of the race. Think he toasted the tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

im not sure how often funny stuff happens during pro racing tv but this was great.

Superpole. Camera guy goes into Rea's box, Rea goes "come here come here" and does this big reveal with his helmet bag. Unzip, unveils this Aus forest fire helmet tribute thing.

A little bit later a camera guy is in Redding's box. Redding does the same "come here come here" thing. Does the same unzip unveil of his helmet bag... which is empty. Gives the camera a big shoulder shrug.

I always thought Redding was a douche but that was fuckin funny.

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

SO GLAD RACING IS BACK. WHAT A RACE TO BREAK THE ICE. Too bad Rea got punted else I think that would've been even more exciting (or he would have checked out)

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Douche? Obviously you don’t follow his YouTube....

turbulence and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  7. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

:stupid:
    He might be a lot of things but douche? No

track wagon and turbulence like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Reddding is a ham. So glad to see him on some competitive equipment again. Toprak hats off. He’s doing great.... just weird to watch him almost emotionless on the podium and literally run away when the champagne comes out(yes I know why). What a finish though. Was awesome to see Gerloff in the frame for the first half of the race. Once he learns to manage that tire..... I can see him doing really well. I’d love to see a closer view of the contact between Johnny and Tom. Did Tom fold the front first under Johnny? Johnny is lucky he didn’t get catapulted to the moon holding onto that bike. Scary crash.

Circacee likes this.
  9. Great racing and great way to kick off the season.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pretty good debut for the new Honda.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

it’s almost as if Rossi was on it :crackup:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ratatouille proved my opinion of him wrong.

13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Happy for Lowes. Was hoping GG would hold on to a top 10, but the announcers called it well that his tire was going to drop off hard.

TR54 looks super comfortable on the Yamaha. Wonder how the Yamaha will do in Europe as Philip Island seems to favor corner speed. Happy that Redding is on the podium.

Rea got frantic and he paid for it.

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Davies will not survive another shellacking by a 2nd new teammate if this continues. Perhaps PJ can persuade DNA for a chance at a legit ride for 2021.

Senna likes this.
  15. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Wow, that was amazing!

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just got a chance to watch race 1. Good racin'. :clap: :)

17. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

- Gerloff was SUPER impressive for the first 17 laps - it was just the last 5 that his times went WAY off - anyone know for sure if it was tires? It had to be, that or fuel mapping if he was so hard on the gas early in the race the bike might have forced him into a conservative fuel saving mode. Either way - he got a great start and his lap times for the first 16-17 laps were amazing but boy did he ever pay for it the last 5 laps - a 3.5-4 sec/lap drop off in pace according to the lap time chart.
    - I think Honda should be happy with that result for the 2 riders, especially considering where they have been the past 10 years. Very first race and 2 have one rider battling in the top 5 and both riders solidly in the points - impressive IMO.
    - Sykes - why is the 1 lap wonder never gonna change things up so he can be there at the end of races. His performance drop off was earlier than Gerloff's but for him it's a 10 year trend - go balls out for 10 laps then limp home in 6-9th place. Yeah you get TV time at the front but not a lot of points to brag about. He's always destroyed tires - the first years with Kawi were terrible and now that the Beemer has a year of development and a solid motor he's right back to smoking his rubber off early.
    - Rea - tip my hat to him, dude has a will to win that his Team must just love - I'd rather see my rider crash doing what he did than mentally pack it in and settle for a 9th place. I predict he'll be full of piss and vinegar for the Superpole race today.
    - Parity amongst manufacturers & riders - unlike last year when we all thought Bautista could stay at home for the second half of the season and still win it - this year it look like there will hopefully be at least 3-4 guys who will be taking points from Johnny quite regularly - Toprak, VDM, Redding, the odd flash by Honda, Lowes if he can keep it on 2 wheels, and throw in a wet race and Baz or Sykes might be right up there at the end.

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I just got to watch the race. - that was fantastic.
    I loved the fez wearing Yamaha team in parc ferme.

19. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

Scotts a champ! Pulled me over to get a better shot, gave me a pat on the back and cheered.

Attached Files:

gixxernaut, j cal, pscook and 6 others like this.
  20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Says on the time sheet Gerloff had a crash turn 4 and went to medical center.
    He may have come together with Cortese because it says they both crashed turn 4 and brought out the red flag.