1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

work/cargo vans

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Jul 20, 2012.

1. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Ford E350 extended would be my choice. For 5K you might get lucky and find a diesel.

3. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

From personal experience Id say you cant go wrong with the chev/gmc van...been driving them since the early 70s.Present one is 350 with a/c with 400000k on it and nothing more than intake gasgets.The one prior to it had allmost 800000 on it and just a tranny overhaul

4. burnham

burnham Well-Known Member

I've been running chevy cube vans for a while with good luck. I have an '03 cube van now with a 12' box that I bought w/49k on the clock for $7500 two years ago.
    It has the 6.0 engine, and always gets 9 mpg.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The Ford I had was a 99 and it ate brakes and tires, but it ran well and had good power. Triton V8

I'll let you know on the Chevy I have now, as I haven't had to do anything to it. The motor however, is a pig.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I bought a GMC Savana cargo van with the 4.3L Vortec a few months ago and its been pretty kick ass so far.

7. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

its not going to be used for long trips, everything is within the city. driven once a week. so gas milage isn't that big for a deal. sounds like the gmc/chev might be the way to go

8. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Finally decided to go for the rape tour, eh?

9. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

its for my new "free candy" campaign :D

10. helicopter99

helicopter99 Well-Known Member

+1 for the Chevy/GMC I've had several, all have logged over 250K. Current one is running strong with 153k on it.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Scott Brown has a nice one he picked up used and he travels with it. Has nothing but good things to say...

12. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

I used a Ford E350 in my business, Good Truck. I sold it when it had 350,000 miles on the odo. Hard to beat

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

+1 on the Government Motors Express vans. Lotsa parts, easy to work on, and you'll spend a lot less than $5k for an early '00 model.

14. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

Need a new rape van Jeff????

15. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

is there a good reason why the fords seem to be cheaper. i found a 2003 ford E350ext (5.4L gas) for a decent price, with 120,000kms (75,000mi). all the gmc/chevys in the same range and condition have like double the milage.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because they outnumber everything else 10 to 1.

17. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

not up here they dont

18. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

19. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

windsor ontario canada... right on the border with detroit.

20. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

:stupid: its more like a 4 to 1, chevy to ford around here