1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Olympics 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Feb 1, 2022.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

1.4. billion people require a lot of power even at China’s standard of living.

DmanSlam likes this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing a lot of the Women's luge and can't wait for some of the other events on this track. T13 at speed looks like threading a needle. Either back off, nail it, or crash.

Yzasserina likes this.
  3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of peeps chatting about it on social media. Nuclear energy gets a bad rap but it is more efficient, has smaller land consumption and contributions to illness/death compared to coal and windmill farms. You're more likely to see windmill farms here in the US (unless you live in parts of the midwest where, instead, you're surrounded by coal).

p.s., The athletes don't choose the location. Thanks for watching and supporting them, btw.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I believe the commentators said it’s an old steel mill. Definitely has a rust belt kinda look around there!

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cooling towers yes, not a stand alone power plant, site was a steel mill.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Watched Mens 1/2 yesterday and Womens 1/2 this morning - holy shit that format sucks for them and yeah that track can be brutal.

7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That's like having the Olympics in Gary, Indiana....LOL

Makes sense why there were so many stacks now.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I thought it looked really... cool. :cool:

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Scary thick and delicious. WTF is wrong with you anyway? This was the first Google result. This certainly warrants additional research, I’ll have to see if there’s anything on Celebrity Jihad.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  10. SGVRider

Both qualities help. About the same as motorsickle racing then. :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Let's talk wimmins hockey, shall we ? :D

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Those are dudes. All of em except for one.

13. SGVRider

I see no hints of moose knuckles anywhere. Either all of them have extensive training in tucking and taping, or those be ladies.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Waiting for skeleton. That's my favorite.

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Team Shuster off to a good start with a win in the 11th end over the ROC.

Again, huge props to Team USA's Jayson Terdiman for loaning his $30k sled to Zach and Sean for the doubles luge after Jayson failed to qualify for the Olympics. Zach and Sean beat their personal best in SLC the first time they went down the run in the borrowed sled, showing how much of a difference a good sled can make. Finishing 11th might not sound like much, but given they were the lowest ranked team to qualify (outside of the Chinese automatic berth) it was a good strong run for them.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Me too! In the Winter Olympics, I struggle to figure out who is the most crazy. These people are up there, they are marvels.

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Lolo!!

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Which one? I couldn’t figure it out. Can you help?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With all of the raw footage that Peacock is streaming of different events and access to more events than usual I think I'll be caught up mid to late March....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that is skipping all figure skating practice and the boss watching figure skating solo when I'm not there :crackup: