1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will's Rim Repair Alternative Contact Info

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedTechRacing, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SpeedTechRacing

SpeedTechRacing Speed Tech Racing

Anybody have any other way of contacting these guys other than their phone?
    Its been full for a week after we have tried calling for over a month now and left messages over 10 times to give us a call about a rim.

I'm no stranger to their not returning calls as I have had over 20 rims straightened by them over the years but this has got to be the worst.

The last 9 rims I sent took nearly 5 months but at least I got a call back every once in awhile about the status after calling several times to find out.

I was hesitant on sending a customers rim to them this time. He just needed to get a rim repaired & I warned the customer at least 1-2 months cause he takes a bit sometimes. Customer said no problem so I sent it to them back in March. 1 rim with a little bend in the lip. Still waiting. Customer is furious with me for sending it to them. My secretary has called at least 40 times in the past 3 months with no return call. I have called over 10-15 times. I gave the customer their phone number and he never got through in the past two weeks.
    Customer is demanding I buy him a replacement rim for his time and not being able to ride his bike at all this year. He is one pissed off dude and I don't blame him.
    Anybody have another way of contacting them. Are they out of business?

Anyone got a Green 98-02 ZX6R front rim they want to sell? Perferably one that is straight! :)

2. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

Is his service extremely cheap or something?

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

This was in another thread about reaching him. Hopefully this works out for you.
    The best way to reach him is email [email protected] or text him (864)329-7671

4. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

compared to others, yes

5. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Why do people keep sending this guy stuff? Every other month or so a new thread pops up about him holding on to a damn $175 rim for a year and a half. What gives. Does he give out bags of goodie goodie with the rim repair or something?

I know his work is good from previous posts over the years but seriously!

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

7. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

That's what I was wondering.

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Call Bud Lawter @ Quicktime Sales in Spartanburg SC, he probably has a wheel.

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I called him 4 times and left 4 messages and got 0 responses. I didnt use him for my wheel. lol

10. Racer45

I sent him a rotor about 2 months ago and only took 5 weeks I think to get it back

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Isn't he a one man operation?

12. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

It only takes one man to answer a phone...

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Try The Wheel Doctor up in Fairfield.

14. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

:stupid:It's not like there isn't any other wheel repair companies around. As long as it gets done right I'd pay more for good customer service any day, especially as an alternative to a company that can't handle basic communication. I don't know how a guy that can't even be reached by his customers is still in business.

15. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Will did a set of rims for me in July. Took about 3 weeks to turn them around. I contacted him in advance to see what the turn around would be. Will was fairly promt in returning emails sent to [email protected] as he is using a blackberry now. I also got phone calls returned but those were usually about a week later.

16. Racer45

did the same. Emailed him to let him know it was coming first. He emailed me right back saying he'd watch for it. I normally don't send him stuff during the season since he does take longer.

17. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Just one data point but: I sent payment and a paid return shipping label with my rims and they came back purfect in one month door to door. Half the price of other options that I was aware of when I shipped.

18. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I know how you feel Jason. I went through the same thing a couple of months ago.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I just drive down to drop off/pick up my stuff.

20. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Active Member

I sent him a wheel and had a 3 week turn around.I just talked to him on the phone and he preferred texting him at 864-329-7671 and he would get back to you.