1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why people hate the media

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Aug 29, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I realize some here hate Breitbart but this is not 'news' it is an editorial. Personally I think he nailed it 100%. For a perfect illustration when he was reeling off current issues I did not even know any laws changed about opiods. I personally avoid them if at all possible but there are people with pain issues that would be affected. Oh and abusers that would be also.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/08/29/nolte-half-mastgate-america-hates-media/

2. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

News agencies are always trying to form public opinion ie Who's the latest boogeyman, who's the "dictator" we should bomb, war on (fill in the blank), elevating some politician, negative on another. SSDD. The internet is giving people alternative viewpoints and sometimes real news, although its difficult these days to know what's real and what's BS. I think the traditional sources have overplayed their hand and people are rejecting them, there are only so many bombshell reports one can hear in a day.

Metalhead likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There was an ad on during NBC news last night promoting some poll about how people trust their local news sources and the national news overwhelmingly. Communist or African dictator election percentages and shit.

"99% of people believe their major news outlets!!!!" Another reason to distrust these outlets.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't even trust them to get the ball and stick game scores correct.

5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Who was it CNN showed instead of Aretha?

edit: it was Fox and Patti Labelle