1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is France on fire this time?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everything always looks bad to you and time after time you are proven wrong... At this point you really should stop predicting anything in the future :crackup:

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

When you look at the origins of the two previous modern global wars, the catalysts carried similar gravity, similar cultural and social division, and similar willingness to commit violence. I believe the conditions are right and getting more combustible every day, on a global scale. I really hope I am wrong and we don't get the minor spark that sets off the chain of events. It only takes one Gavril Princip to change the course of history.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord. How about looking at all the times people have rioted over wanting free shit and we haven't had a global war?

You're absolutely wrong. Access to information alone will prevent another Hitler from happening.

4. Fonda Dix

No sir, I did NOT say a word about another Hitler happening. That would be truly moronic belief for the very reason you cited.

I specifically said a global conflict. I know you understand the difference.

Again, I strongly see indications of a potential global conflict. I am not the only one.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/how-army-preparing-war-russia-or-china-29212

https://www.defensenews.com/pentago...war-with-china-and-russia-can-it-handle-both/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42752298

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because other crazy fuckers share your views doesn't actually help your argument :crackup: Besides all that the entire job of the military is to prepare for the worst case. Kind of a duh there....

6. Fonda Dix

I read the major shift in strategic planning by James Mattis and the DOD as a sign of insight into potential conflict type. Your mileage may vary.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

...crazy fuckers... :crackup:

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Between that and the American Civil/race War that Orvis has been predicting for years in here, the world is going to be a truly messy place soon.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Despite what the msm would have you believe the world is in fact getting better, not worse. Less hunger, less poverty, less conflict (Seriously, far less), better medicine and disease control, more connectivity, better trade, the list goes on and on. I suggest changing your information sources if all you see is doom and gloom.

blkduc and cpettit like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Those things were also true pre-WWI and WWII.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

But, uh. Hmm

12. In Your Corner

I just think that the two of you are focusing on different indicators.
    Yes, the overall condition of man keeps improving, but it doesn't cancel out the things that cause wars.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just, wow.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The French have a G'ment where the government is over half of the GDP. No sh*t! No wonder they have no where to go but to protest when things aren't to their liking. The US is 35%...we're not too far behind.

15. Fonda Dix

And this in a country who has their defense HEAVILY subsidized by a powerful, wealthy ally.

:)

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

According to CNN(trusted news around the globe, especially France) it’s about gas prices going up. Yet somehow, the cost of oil is down. So what could it really be??? Couldn’t be the TAXES could it? No, couldn’t be that.

17. In Your Corner

Eventually, it becomes apparent that there really is no free lunch despite what the bleeding hearts tell you.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

See Post #1o

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So yet again the military is trying to make sure they can cope with any scenario - not sure what exactly you think that proves.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummm, huh?