1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do companies let unions hold them hostage?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Donkey1, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mike27

mike27 Mike

All these people talking all negative about unions have probably never been a member of a union or are just spitting out someone elses bullshit opinions on unions. A REAL union worker, that went through their apprenticeship, not some cocksuckin "book buyer", was trained to be a safe, efficient professional in their respective craft. Trained to perform a standard of work that will make the company they work for $$. Not these scab, untrained hacks that don't know what they're doing and end up fuckin shit up. The wages and benefits are deserving for the work performed. People think only college graduates in business or whatever are entitled to a good wage. The hard working blue collar in this country, who have built and are building this country deserve the same.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

LOL.... Go walk the line.... Unions Suck... Thats my opinion.... I had to train to cover for all 4 of them for a very Large Communications company... All of you Ball less asswipes settled because you knew you would be replaced by people THAT WANT TO WORK... Nice First post BTW...

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Also.. the real UNION died when Capone did.....

4. mike27

mike27 Mike

didn't you mean Hoffa?

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Gotta love the People's Republic of Kennedy.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No, we do not have state income taxes. I believe TN is considered the 8th lowest taxed state in the US. Of course that's based on all taxes.

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Were you wearing your Union hat when you typed that drivel? :rolleyes:

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL. Spoken like a true union member. I was a "real" union member many years ago and what I saw was a group that saw dollar signs in everything that they did. Before the shop (Bookbinders) went union everyone got along and got a lot of work done. After voting to go union our production dropped by about 12% yet everyone was making a couple of bucks per hour more than before. There wasn't a swinging dick in the place worth that much. In today's work force all the unions do is drive up prices by demanding and using the threat of force (extortion) to get more money from the companies that they work for. Guess who gets to pay for union members high pay scales? You, me, and everyone else. What other work organization gets to legally use extortion to demand a pay raise?

I firmly believe the reason that Hoffa disappeared was because of the union's tactics. He finally extorted money from some company that decided to cut off the head of the snake. If that would happen more often I'll bet the unions would back off their dumb assed demands.

Hows that for an opinion?

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wow, union member are finally capitalists also going for the bottom line, who would have thunk...

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Perfect opinion.... And yes I meant Hoffa not Capone Mike... Mike? Mike? He must be sleeping in the work van....

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yep. union members are capitalists with an edge. I wonder though, how did the unions get the authority to legally use extortion to get their money.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

After being beaten up by the companies' hired hands... :D