1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing Formula 3 in the rest of the country?

Discussion in 'General' started by earacing, Jan 22, 2013.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

With 3 of the West Coast kids going to Europe this year, the WERA West Formula 3 grid has been cut in half. We need more than 1 other kid and 1 adult to race against, so we're considering racing the national series. Not sure which of the kids have moved up, and if there are any coming in, so I want to see if anyone is racing a 125 or Moriwaki this year in at Roebling, Talledega, Road Atlanta, Miller, Barber, or NOLA.

It seems like a lot of kids are going to the 250 class, and we are planning to do some of that as well, but we really want to continue racing a GP bike. We're just starting to get good at it, and we love it. Plus we plan to try out for the Red Bull Rookies Cup this year and need to stay on a GP chassis.

If you, your kid, or anyone you know is planning on racing the Formula 3 class, or if you have any thoughts, please chime in.

Thanks

2. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is a way to run Formula 3 and Clubman in separate races? I would run it as an additional class (WERA West) if it didn't run concurrently, and maybe some of the other Clubman riders - especially the kids - would, too.

I wonder if Formula 3 could be run with the LWT SB, DSS race, instead of with Clubman, without creating a lot of conflicts?

3. earacing

earacing Race Dad

We probably would, too. But there are other classes besides Clubman for the 250 to run. Our biggest problem is they share the same practice session, so we would have to give up seat time on the 125.

4. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I wasn't suggesting he run a 250 in Clubman, I was suggesting that separating Formula 3 and Clubman could/would result in a bigger grid for Formula 3 - which is what I thought you were looking for. Having to choose between the two, I choose to run Clubman but I'd also run Formula 3 if it did not conflict. My bike is a little slow for it, but it would be fun anyway.

5. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

My son who will be 12 next year will be on an RS in the North Central region and will probably go to Atlanta as well. He also has a CBR250 that he may race some next year. He was #218 last year.

6. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

Im in for the SE and NCS, but I dont think miller will be in the budget.

7. nantahala

nantahala Well-Known Member

I'll be in for at least a couple of the events in the SE. No Miller, and NOLA might be a stretch - depending on whatever else might be going on at the time.

Matt

8. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

GPtech will continue to enter the moto 3 class (when schedules work out) most likely roebling in spring, MI and midwest tracks during most of season, then barber in fall.
    The lightweight class has gotten very small within the last couple of years.

9. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Geoff,

Let me know if you need a 100 lb. jockey. Your bike is awesome.

See you at the track.

10. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

I'll have the MD and the Ninja 250 at the WERA National Endurance weekends.

What ever he can race that weekend were in.

11. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

hoping to do one of the vegas rounds!

12. earacing

earacing Race Dad

It sure has. Here in So Cal there were a couple of lean years in the minis, so now there aren't many kids moving up to WERA. I've talked to a few parents that are planning on going to a Ninja 250 when they do move up, so that class should continue to see decent grids.

We race a Ninja with AFM, but we were hoping there would be some competition in the 125 class with WERA. The first round was good, but that's going to dwindle now that Alonso is going to Red Bull, and Uribe and Costilla are going to BSB.