1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's interested in minimoto track days at DMVMiniGP near BWI?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by DmanSlam, Sep 7, 2020.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

It's basically the same thing. Just different hours. The one difference is that rental karts (arrive and drive) may also be included in the rotation. Those drivers can take forever to get staged. Just my opinion, but, on the shorter days (8-12), if the rental karts are included, I'd recommend NOT going to the track that day. More cold track time and less driving time for all groups.

Note: the calendar is subject to change. Including the link for your screenprint: https://unitedkarting.com/pages/calendar

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

@DmanSlam

A couple of questions:

1) Is there tech for minimotos for open practice?
    2) Is there electricity for purchase for warmers or do I need to source a generator?
    3) Am I reading the schedule right that August 25th is a day I can just show up at noon and ride for several hours (recognizing they're running karts and bikes in different groups)

Thanks.

3. DmanSlam

Hey dude. My responses are below.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. DmanSlam

8/25 is extended hours (12-7) --> Rental Karts, Club United, Competition & MiniMoto

One thing about the rental karts being in the rotation (and I've commented on it before) is that the rental group takes a long time to grid and park after their rotation.

Fridays and weekends are just usually 8am-noon --> Competition Karts, Club United and MiniGP Practice (No Rental Karts)

Rentals or no rentals, you'll have 10-minute rotations amount 5-6 groups:

- adult comp karts
    - kid comp karts
    - adult minigp
    - kid minigp
    - club united (faster rental karts for rental racing league drivers who met minimum lap times)
    - slower rental karts

5. SuddenBraking

FYI, it looks like all Thursdays and Fridays in August have the 12-7 hours.

DmanSlam likes this.
  6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I haven't been to BWI in a long time. May be time to pour some fresh gas in the TTR and dust off the leathers and see if I can still squeeze into them.

7. SuddenBraking

It's kinda perfect for me, as I'm down in NoVa for work once or twice a month and have half day Fridays, so trying to plan meetings on Thursdays down there, stay the night, then leave at 11am to get at BWI starting at noon.

Like you, I also need to put some Crisco on my ass to try and fit into my leathers.....

8. SuddenBraking

@DmanSlam - I'm not seeing any weekday practices listed on the United Karting website. Is that a feature or a bug?

9. DmanSlam

Hey bud. You're right. So far, looks like they have only Saturday/Sunday kart/minimoto events scheduled for the year. Usually, they'd have Thursdays and, definitely, Fridays scheduled.

Have you checked the DMVMiniGP book of faces? I heard they have new leadership. Other than that, that location has been quiet on their 2024 plans this past off-season.

10. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Got an email back from them today. 3 events on the calendar so far. Check with Daniel Souders on [email protected]