1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who would be interested in running bikes in a figure 8's style exibition race???

Discussion in 'General' started by bilet69, Jul 30, 2002.

1. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

who would be interested in running bikes in a figure 8's style exibition race at a nascar sanctioned 3/8 mile track in erie pennsylvania????????? i know the owners of the track and they run all kinds of stuff from minis, bandeleros, to stock cars there in the oval and on the paved infield. it a brand new track just had the grand opening last week. it is a oval like i said but the entire center of the oval is paved, and thats where the figure 8's are run and on the banks.

now dont get all crappy with me im just wondering if some people would be interested in doing this, i for one am very interested in it. i ran it by one of the owners of the track just for giggles which he happens to be my boss and he laughed his ass off and said it would be great, and to talk to some friends about it and see if there is interest in such????? i would and am always looking for some extra track time lol. i never claimed to be sane either, but ya never know who you might meet/run into and get or spark some outside interest in our sport. give some feedback if there is interest, im actually might go out there this week to see what kind of grip and take some laps to see what it would be like, by myself of course. thanks guys

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Hope it has a stop sign or a caution light at the intersection:eek:

3. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

i dont know probably not though you make the decision to go...... they have been running for a couple weeks and no cars have crashed yet...

4. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I've seen cars race like that and it was entertaining but with bikes there's too much risk. IMO

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

wuss

6. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Pg. 2 of "The Joy of Disastrous Cooking: Figure 8 motorcycle racing."

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Hell yeah!! Lets do this!! A parking lot and some cones, lets roll!

8. stickboy274

kewl. i'll bring the cones. you guys get out there and start working out the details and i'll catch up after the wreck

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Wreck? The "mini mo" has NEVER been down:rolleyes:

10. stickboy274

not without putting you under it

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Other than the VIR "incident" it's never hit the ground...just landed on me:mad:

12. stickboy274

hey i will be going back to vir again. for the ama and wera. if you need a rematch

13. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

What sucks is I wasn't paying attention to the AMA dates and I'm not gonna be able to go:mad: I was looking forward to the motard demo there. Screw the superbikes:D And mini mo's mad at me too...the little bitch! I'm gonna get a rematch this weekend with her!

14. stickboy274

if you change your mind, me and aubrey will be driving up on friday morning.

15. L

L Well-Known Member

Darwin who???

16. stickboy274

17. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

I'll see what I can work out.

18. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

I'll do it on a pocket bike!

19. dave333

dave333 traveler

Mtn, I believe they call that "The Circus" or a Shriner's Parade. I'll do it if I get to wear and keep one of them cool hats...

20. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

:eek: