1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who uses a 110/70-17 front tire?

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, May 6, 2014.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I know this is a bit of a random question, but what bike(s) are people racing that use this size tire? I'm looking for a front rain tire in that size to go on a TTR build, and just trying to get a little info about where to start.

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that is a 125 rain tire size. I don't remember the actual tire numbers, but 125 rims were 2.5 front and 3.5 on the rear.

EDIT:

Here is a fitment chart from Dunlop. Looks like 125's used a
    95/70R17 Front
    115/70R17 Rear

http://www.dunlopracing.com/fitment.pdf

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I ran the 110/70 on my CBR250, but a lot of people run the 120's as there is a wider selection.

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

that was always the size that the Hawks ran with the stock front wheel. it was a 2.5" rim and worked well with the 110/70-17 sizes. At the time there were plenty of sticky tires available in the 11070 front 160/60 rear.

lots of folks went to the F2/F3 front end which gave you a 3.5" rim and allowed you to run 120/70-17. or a Kosman widened rim. :)

5. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

It was the recommended size for the FZr400/600 with a stock 3.00x17"

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You're up against the same thing I am, my Bandit is a 110 fr 150 rear, not many choices in race tires anymore. I was running Michelins, they've stopped making them. I think Dunlop and Pirelli still offer a DOT race tire, I have never been able to find rains in these sizes.

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I think the WR supermoto comes with a 110 front, and guys are just swapping to a 120 for better selection. It'll be a bit taller, so just raise the forks in the clamps to compensate.

8. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses guys. That gives me a place to start, for sure.

The problem with a 120 is that I have a 2.5" hoop on the front, so I need to find something that will hold a good profile. A rain was what I was hoping for, but there are a couple other options as well.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

1995 and up Honda RS125 rims are 2.5 up front. I would think that profile would work very well for you.

10. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I run 115's on 2.5" rims on my xr100 front/rear and 150r front. Works pretty well.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I forgot to tell you in my first post, I hand cut myself a set of rains. A pair of pilot powers and bought a tire groover.