1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who pissed off Cal again?

Discussion in 'General' started by condon66, Jun 18, 2018.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If people(whoever they are) thought he would get the "good" parts since Pedrosa is leaving, probably also thought he would get Pedrosa's seat on the factory bike. That did not happen either.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

why would someone assume he's pissed off or lashing out from this article? he's stating facts, rebutting false info the rumor mill generates..

sdiver and G Dawg like this.
  4. condon66

You don't think his statement presents a little agitation? Rumors go with the territory. If you have to respond to it, I'd say it irritated you. Not that hard to see.

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

Seems mad at a hypothetical person downplaying his future results as he believes are obviously going to happen.

All these guys have egos and I usually take what they say with a grain of salt but, this seems more telling of his insecurities than his confidence (cockiness).

6. condon66

It's just Cal being Cal. I just get a kick out of it.

83BSA likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Remember that time Cal demanded a new gas tank from factory Yamaha when he was at Tech3 and it did nothing for his results? Maybe he should have done the same when he was over at Ducati for that 1 season, it seems to have done the trick for Lorenzo.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey Cal, if it changes nothing STFU about it already.
    Stop crying about nothing.
    Cheese and rice, the dude is mental.

Oh and nice job of kind of throwing the Repsol team under the bus with stating that your team just works harder. I’m sure that’s going to help you.

9. condon66

It's like the guy got picked on a lot in school or something...always on the defensive lol.

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

But it's not. His statements are usually confident (cocky). While the forgone conclusions of beating Pedrosa is confident (cocky), this showed some insecurity with the assumptions that others would question those results

11. condon66

You could say his statements are cocky. Or you could say they're defensive. So cockiness=insecurity?? Usually so in my experiences.

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sometimes cocky just equals cocky. In Cals case I think it usually equals funny. To me this was out of character but, that's just MHO.

I like the guy and wish him to stay competitive enough to keep a decent ride to keep the mics in front of him.

condon66 likes this.
  13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, I thought that interview from the last race was awesome regarding his tweets.

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Good lord he was probably just answering a question from a reporter. These guys don't just go walking around talking about themselves. Give the guy a break. He's still the most entertaining interview in the paddock.

MachineR1, G Dawg and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

16. condon66

Jesus man! Nobody is prosecuting the guy! The fact that he's entertaining is the whole point of my post!

17. condon66

G 97 likes this.
  18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i can for sure see your point, but i could as easily see it was as i stated.. but that's just me. And as we have seen, Cal is anything but dull :) :)

19. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

418 likes this.
  20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Poor Cal he still hasn't realized that no one gives a shit what he does. Of course he could help his case if he was not such a whiny wanker.