1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who needs/wants a rider?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by fastfreddie, Nov 26, 2003.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i'm looking for a ride.
    this year ('03), i campaigned the national challenge series as a novice (my first year) and was fortunate enough to take home three titles, 750 sbk, hwt and hwt national sportsman.
    i always showed up the day before practice, i'm not a crasher and i did it ALL by myself...alone...no help whatsoever.
    i can get the job done and i'm fully prepared to share all expenses as well as cover any i might incur due to 'off-track' excursions.
    i can bring mechanical ability/knowledge, tools and pit gear. i also have a class 'a' cdl w/ hazmat endorsement.
    i intend to campaign the national sprints on the duc 996 that brought me my titles and, possibly, a gsxr750.
    if i end up with my own team, hopefully, i'll campaign hwss endurance with a 999r or mv-f4. (this will not happen w/o the blessing of major sponsorship, in which case, the gsxr will get a beating).
    i will attend EVERY scheduled event.
    please, someone with an existing team, save me from myself before i have to start my own team and push you off the podium.:D
    in the event i'm not selected as a rider, i will be asking for riders that can provide similar contribution, i.e., consistent top placement, no crashers, mechanical skills, commitment to ALL events and ability to share expenses.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

3. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Freddie is a hard worker and a good rider. His wife has the scoring thing down pat. Team Xtreme was seriously considering him for a ride next season, but with our new sponsorship package things just didn't work out. He would be an asset to have on any Endurance Team.

4. fastfreddie

wow, thanks a lot, guys. checks are in the mail.:D

5. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Fred, How ya healing? Hope you're doing well. If you don't get picked up on a team and are thinking of starting your own give me a call, I'd be interested if you are. Heard anything about Andrew? Is he ok? Take care,
    Bill

6. fastfreddie

healing? well, i guess it's relative.
    all i've heard about andrew is what's been posted by the good doctor himself. first news about his crash was really scary...that's why my injury isn't so bad, even if i'm only almost able to sleep...
    you're on my short list, bill.

7. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're doing a little better. Hadn't heard anything about Andrew. What's his screen name, didn't know he was on the bbs. Andrew's a doc?

8. fastfreddie

913nov
    in his words...yep.:D :cool:

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

HW Twins Sportsman? Were you the guy with the Duck who blew by the yellow SV about 2/3 through the race?

That was me. :D Congrats.

10. fastfreddie

yeah, i was lookin' for you out there. i started in the last row of the second wave and figured if i got you, i prolly had the win. still, i had to make sure and kept goin'. seein' nothin' but experts gettin' clobbered by the mighty machinegun ducati, i kinda thought i had it. :D
    you shouldn't feel bad about gettin' passed, tho'. i'm puttin' out some good power... @ 148hp. :cool:
    i was about to put it to you at putnam when the race got redflagged. :eek:
    oh, more excuses for me gettin' beat by you...at grattan, i went out on rains. :rolleyes:
    congrats on your three sunday wins. :beer:

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

So when are you getting an SV? It can't be *that* much fun with all that horsepower. :D

12. fastfreddie

with all the talk about how good they are as tools to better riding, you'd think everyone should have one...but, i started on 750s and graduated to an fzr1000. never did any power mods 'til i got the 1000. i've been hooked on power ever since. even my ysr made 8.5hp!:D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

There were some SV's there faster than mine, so I like to think riding ability had a slight bit to do with it. :D

I was happy doing :27's at Grattan on a 63 hp Hawk. I'm pretty confident the SV can do a lot better than that, but I didn't get where I wanted to this year. :(

Road A's a little different though .. That's why Heavyweight Twins is a fun class to run. :)

14. fastfreddie

8.5hp! :D

lol...it occurred to me that, perhaps, you thought i was insinuating sv's didn't even make 8.5hp. now, that would be funny.
    i agree with the rider ability part...in the infrequent moments i was able to watch other races, i was amazed at how fast bradley champion looked at talladega.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

He is the carrot .. :)

16. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

hmmm...racing GSXR's nationally with Fred...interesting

Fred,
    Your over in PA correct? So, in order to travel out west, you would have to come through Ohio....hmmm...the wheels are turning.

Hope your baby backs are knitting up quickly for ya...

drop me a line sometime.

Jeff

17. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

yeah Fred I couldnt catch that monster Duc you got at the Barber nat'l in HWT. you ran away with that race while me and another ugy battled for 2nd, luckily i came up with it.

i'm behind on the times i guess, what happened at the GNF? I see DNS's,,, did you crash in practice?

i blew my clutch in the F2 Nat'l on sunday at the GNF and when that was red-flagged i tried to swap it out but didn't get it in time to start HWT. I woulda loved to dice with you, Eddie, Lingwall, Bilet, etc..... I sat out and was pissed! i also didnt finish the sportsman HWT because i ran ... out. . of ... fucking.. gas....

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Ah .. so that was you with the 250. I think we kinda said "hey" on the starting grid before a practice. :D

I was bummed the F2 race was red flagged. I had a really good first lap and didn't see anyone behind me when I saw the red flag.

Did you race in the Sportsman F2 race?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dragged in from another site...

our worst fear came to bite me...another bike torpedoed me in the esses. as i came out of t4 and entered the esses, i saw a bike through the pack(lap 2), down and sliding. the bike started across the track from left to right and as everyone checked up and went wide, i got shoved into the grass. (i was in the back of the pack as i had no regional points to put me on the poll) i lost sight of the downed bike and was concerned about the grass and upcoming wall. this is a relatively fast section and i had to be careful as i entered the grass. coming closer to the wall, while trying to avoid it, my bike started a slow decent to the ground. then, out of nowhere, the culprit machine that instigated this mess t-boned me in the chest. i may have walked to the ambulance but, i wasn't going any farther. that was my bid for the national sportsman(regional) title in b superbike on the gsxr.
    a day earlier, i campaigned the duc in the national sportsman heavyweight twins. again, as i had no regional points to speak of, i was in the last row of a two wave grid. end of lap one and i was in 7th place. i kept looking for the next victim for the mighty machinegun ducati and as they came into my sites, i gunned 'em down. by the 5th or 6th of 8 laps, i had dispatched the novices and kept gunnin' for more. (i was unaware of my position in the race so, i just kept hammerin'.) a couple experts fell along the wayside and then the white flag. i figured this one was mine but, i kept my head down anyway. sure enough...my first title.
    then...the previously mentioned misfortune.
    i returned to the track for the national finals on sunday. i would not be a rider that day. i had already wrapped up the hwt twin title at barber so, no need to race for the championship in that class.
    the 750 superbike title, however, was another story. if my nemesis won, we would be tied for the title and he would receive the championship, based on his previous 'better' finishes. i couldn't bear to watch as all i needed to do was enter and ride around to 15th and earn 1 point. alas, i sat in my pit and let the race gods determine my fate. as fate would have it...someone was smiling on me.
    3 national titles. we joked about how the duc was so fast, i didn't even have to ride it to win.
    i'm very grateful for not having been injured severely. 4 ribs and the occasional cough-up of a blood loogie isn't worth the price of admission but, it's the price that was levied for me. the titles make it bearable.
    after adrienne, the reduc organization was the first entity i recognized and thanked. this(reduc) is where i cut my teeth and this is where i'll be coming home to when the racing has run its course.
    oddly enough, wera has outlawed my bike for next year so, i may be back sooner than i thought.
    my thanks to all who've followed my season and supported me in spirit.

20. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

fastfreddie,
    we are looking for a rider. we are new to the endurance series and will be running a 03 sv650. we are asking to split the expenses and put in the fair share of time.

I ran a RS250 and 125'anda R6. My teammate raced the RS250's also in the AMA250GP class. We are just getting started.

Give me a call if you want to talk

Chris
    513-505-9434 or [email protected]