1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here is artistic?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 20, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

In my opinion there’s 2 sides to that as far as “artist” goes. I believe there are artists that can reproduce a piece over and over. And then there’s artists that can produce one piece with all heart and soul into that particular piece and it’s turns out beautifully.

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I love it!!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I have all the artistic creativity of a sponge mold.

But I have created an art form of pissing one person off. I think that should count. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Which shop were you with?

5. britx303

Hargrove. Luckily my time served was limited and I was let go after slicks 2nd inauguration with the majority of the numbers. From there went into a proper high end woodworking shop to start getting real experience in woodworking. Hargrove is a good place to make fly-by-night after hours money when they are running 24 hours for big upcoming events, but not good for young guys looking to learn proper.

6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Got it. I didn't do much work with them over the years, and I'm not even sure they are still around. That is such a weird business - except for the really big shops, it is always the same people moving from place to place, or just changing the name on the building.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep but the world has not caught up the true genius that is my work
    2_cents.jpg

8. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Bout the same amount of culture too. :D

pickled egg and Steeltoe like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup::bow:

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Come any closer and I’ll spore on you. :moon:

11. britx303

Before Earl died, his son-in-law kind of took over. It’s still there as far as any of us know. That revolving door of cabinetmakers that I used to see off and on through the years closed once I finally left private, so I’m out of touch with everybody on the outside. If it had closed, that would be big news around here regardless.

12. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

It was bugging me so I had to check on it. Hargrove was bought out by PSAV/Encore a couple years ago. The shop is still there but is now a mix of the carpentry shops and the northeastern US rigging shop for Encore.

13. britx303

Interesting. I last worked there 2012 or ‘13, doing the evening shift thing for race money after my normal day job. Prior to that it had been 15 years, when we were moving from the old post facility to the building it’s at now and since, which was a Volkswagen plant of some sort. Massive place. The last guy I know of that worked there full time, is also here on the hill as well, but his details differ greatly from what I do. Both originally cabinetmakers that did a lot of exhibit work through the years, but went different paths now. I see him from time to time, and never thought to ask the deal there. He was actually great friends with Earl Hargroves son-in-law, that took over, and probably knows more in depth. For shits and giggles I’ll ask next time if I remember.

14. Mblashfield

Agree 1000%

britx303 likes this.
  15. Mblashfield

Are you an engraver at a mint.?

16. britx303

The only swag from doing the tv prop stuff I can find quickly. I’m in the middle of moving. It’s full of guitar pedals and chords, down in the dungeon :D

Attached Files:

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Wow! That is incredible! PM sent your way.

18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope just giving my 2 cents worth

19. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Counterfeiting?

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

[​IMG]