1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here is artistic?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not autistic, we know who those people are.

I deal w artistic types fairly regularly. I am not artistic. I find that shit annoying. I can enjoy the finished product but the actual fucking around until it's just right shit drives me gotdamn crazy.

I have to fly 25 paper snowflakes and I'm ready to slit my fking wrists. I like working with thousands of pounds not this shit. I'm bout to lose it.

And the fucking drummer just started sound check...

Phl218 likes this.
  2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

You have no idea how many stick figure pics/drawings replies you are about to see on this post... lol

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sadly, people use "being artistic" as an excuse to be a fuck up. They are two different things.

Phl218 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Funny how a brain works sometimes, I saw autistic at first

ToofPic and redtailracing like this.
  5. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

I am not, but my gf is. In fact, I'm convinced she's a witch who conjures things... She recently got into 'felting', which is nothing more than sculpting fibers of felt using needles and hooks.

She's been making tiny replicas of everyone's pets... alive or passed away. She recently did one of my husky shepherd that passed away several years ago. (She used fur we kept to make these.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Which one of you skinned the dog?

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

This sounds easy.

Use a good hangman's knot and raise them slowly so they asphyxiate vs neck damage. Plus you get to see em dance a jig...for a while.
    What? Oh.

No those kinds of 'snowflakes'.

Damn. Let me cancel my rope order on Amazon. I thought we was finally ridin' on these punks.

AC1108, KneeDragger_c69 and brex like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My coworker who is the lighting crew chief asked me if I'm ok. I'm being unpleasant. :D

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I like to think I'm artistic but I'm probably somewhere on the crafty/handy spectrum...

Hondo likes this.
  10. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

I was. We visited that before when you bozos called me out. Not so much any more. Lost the patience for it.
    My son is talented as a MFer. Esp with a camera. Video and still. Maybe I'll post some of his recent pics.
    He even has a $$ making youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/@KCSRailstudios

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No there are some mind blowing talented and knowledgeable artistic types in my industry. I am not one of them.

12. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Not a drop of artistic ability for me. Nope. I can draw real shitty stick figures. Hell I cant even make a bed and have it look nice.

Y'all ought to see my sorry ass christmas decorating! :crackup:

I cant picture things when I close my eyes either. Aphantasia. But I can imagine your hot mom with my eyes open. Weird.

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

BrentA likes this.
  14. Mblashfield

One of my artistic outlets is wood turning. I love searching for the world’s exotic woods and combining them to make a single finished piece. Here are a few pieces with woods from Mexico, Africa, Israel and South America.

Attached Files:

15. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Awesome!
    It’s nice seeing wood turning projects not cast in epoxy. That trend is prolific.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Holy shit!

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

My job, if I was to explain it based on title, is very confusing. So long story short, there’s a time period when I have to stop pew/kablooey stuff and have to turn. Sometimes it’s very custom stuff, then other times it’s a bunch of the same thing

18. Mblashfield

Thank you! Not a fan of the epoxy stuff.

BrentA likes this.
  19. Mblashfield

Without photos I can say your use of words is kinda artistic, from an alcoholic’s perspective

AC1108, Razr and britx303 like this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

It’s not prudent for me to directly spell out things when it’s job related.

Sabre699 likes this.