1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who has experience with DP brakes

Discussion in 'Tech' started by buzz-06, Apr 8, 2024.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Another season here, been away from the scene for a long while. When I was still racing back in 2017 I had used CL C60’s, vesrah XX and ferodo XRAC. Loved the ferodo but they give up long before the pad is worn out, wasn’t impressed with the XX and the C60’s were decent. I’m now kicking around trying the DP race pad and wondering if anyone has experience with them. Possibly if anyone can compare them to a pad I’ve previously used. All input is appreciated, thanks guys.

2. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I have been running them since 2016 in both my mw and lw race bikes. I really love them. Good bite and little to no brake fade. I always ran CL's and DP actually showed up at a race round and was talking to us about how the pads are made and the backing plates amd how they dissipate heat. I said why not give them a try and have never looked back. Larry Mills comes by at least once a year, walks around and talks to everyone, thanks us for running his pads and shakes all our hands. Stand up guy. Stand up company. Great pads!

freedomgli and Chazzz like this.
  3. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Found them decades ago when they were originally called "DunloPad". PU rep hooked me up with them for race Hawk, R6 and TLR.
    For some odd and strange reason ( insert attorneys here ) name was changed to DP brakes.
    I'm sure it had nothing to do with the name nor the black and yellow packaging.
    Lotsa guys in CSBK still use DP brakes.

I have them on my current bikes that include 2003 FZ1 and my FJR1300.
    Using the DP Brake pads and my Shark Race R Pro, was able to get into the mid 11's on the Fz1 last trip to Deal's Gap.... :crackup:

kirk erlinger likes this.
  4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

The DPs sound intriguing, especially for how much cheaper they are than a lot of the other "top" pads.

5. Teal

Teal Well-Known Member

Vesrah RJL XX are way better than DP from my experience. On high demand braking track the DP fade is ridiculous, but they're fine elsewhere.