1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who’s Murdaughing them? They’re definitely being assassinated.

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Sep 5, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Elaborate?

2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

"Prop" is short for property, as in the department in charge of the set pieces, decorations, etc is the Property Department. Prop is a shorthand term that has moved from within the working groups to the public without all the background information connected to it.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My guess? Some no name lackey (armorer?) is going to take the fall, and Alec will cut a big cheque to the victims families. Lawyers on both sides will make lots of money. No justice will be had for victims family. The movie, if ever released, will suck. In less than a year, gen pop will have forgotten about all of it and moved on to the next big distraction headline. We'll discuss that headline in this or another thread on the beeb. Rinse repeat.

tl1098, YamahaRick, sdg and 1 other person like this.
  4. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

AB as an actor is most likely protected from any criminal charges via contract. The director/assistant director/s on set and armorer are most likely to see charges as they're responsible for safety on the set. AB as an executive producer may face criminal and civil charges depending on the extent of his role as EP. If he's an executive producer from an investment perspective only, he most likely won't be dealing with any criminal charges, but may have civil/monetary charges filed against him. If he's fully in as an executive producer, making decisions, calling the shots, that's an entirely different scenario.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Uh, a contract has fuck-all to do with criminal law.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  6. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I get that, but in this scenario who can afford the better legal team, AB or the armorer? Should he face criminal charges as he pulled the trigger? Of course he should, but I think we all know that isn't going to happen.

7. pickled egg

Then why did you say he was indemnified for criminal conduct by contract?

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

No charges were filed in Brandon Lee's death. Not sure about civil filings.

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Yes. We're all like

EuOAlQHWQAIIHt8.png

10. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Holy big word...

Slow down and read carefully, "most likely protected" is not equal to indemnify.

11. pickled egg

IIRC, Brandon Lee was killed by the wadding for a blank. From the scuttlebutt on Baldwin, the round in the prop gun was a projectile. Considering it went through a person, I’d say it was most likely an FMJ.

12. pickled egg

WTF do you think indemnify means? :rolleyes:

13. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

I mostly understand the English language, Egg, unbundle your panties.

For your enlightenment:

Definition of indemnify transitive verb
    1: to secure against hurt, loss, or damage
    Is he protected(indemnified) by contract against criminal charges? In some round-about way his legal team crafted the document, most likely. Pay attention, I wrote "most likely". Should he be? No. He had the gun in his hand, pulled the trigger, it's on him.

2: to make compensation to for incurred hurt, loss, or damage
    Will he cut a big check (indemnify) the family? Almost guaranteed.

I was asked to elaborate on what the local attorney was discussing, and I relayed that.

14. pickled egg

When you wear out that shovel, let me know. We’ll source you a new one from one of the container ships off Crapifornia.

Criminal charges cannot be contracted away. Full stop. Baldwin can’t appoint a champion to face any charges that may be leveled against him. The DA charges him, he goes on trial and faces the jury himself.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just because there's a contract for work, that doesn't indemnify anyone from a criminal charge.
    The work contract is between AB and the production company and would have zero impact on the DA's decision to file charges.

You may be thinking of liability, which, on an outside chance may end up helping on a civil case.

pickled egg likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've seen plenty of contracts calling for indemnification and hold harmless clauses as it relates to liability. None of them included exemption from criminal charges.

Jedb likes this.
  17. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

You're both missing the point. I never stated he'll be indemnified, I only relayed what the local attorney stated.

I personally don't think he's protected by any contract. However, I highly doubt he'll be prosecuted for it.

The attorney went way down into the weeds regarding how the DA will proceed, I wasn't paying attention by then.

18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I think it's you who's missing the point, sir. And if your local attorney stated anything remotely like what you're insinuating, s/he's a moron.

19. pickled egg

Did that local attorney refer to anyone as a “yoot”?

Didn’t realize you were quoting an idiot. My apologies for crawling up your ass. ;)

chobes likes this.
  20. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

No apologies necessary, I only relayed what I heard as asked.

I'm in no way vouching for the attorney, although he may have some insight into movie industry that we're not aware of with Universal/Disney etc being here...

It's a tragic situation, but I don't see this as a watershed where uber-rich/elite/celebrity class suddenly gets treated the same as the rest of us schmucks by the legal system :(