1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White chalky crap in cooling system!

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TakeItApart, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

You are one cheerful sumbitch.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Apparently the reason for approved coolants is lost on you.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

i understand water is the easiest. that is a no brainer. but.... if i crash in front of you with water, you are probably going to crash too.

i am not talking about full on ethylene glycol coolant, which is a slippery hard to clean up fluid.

prop glycol is slippery but, cleaning it up is a water spray rinse away from being a non issue (and biodegradable, human and pet safe). alot easier than oil, or brake fluid spills, which are more prevalent in a crash at the track.

when i spill it in the garage, it dries on its own without a rinse, no different than water.

prop glycol is the number one ingredient in the water flavoring additives that are so popular now.

would be awesome if people were not so closed minded, would look into it for themselves, v.s just believing it is as bad as regular coolant. Ski

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a number of different types out there and for some reason they all seem to like very similar names so it's easy to confuse the glycol based stuff with the legal stuff.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I know the LRRS cornerworker team has tested the various options to see what the initial spill slickness is, cleanup difficulty, etc and that's what our allowed coolant options are based on. Be willing to bet WERA's done the same...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Been there, tried to clean it. Even allowed it for a while and had to shut down races because unlike what we allow now it didn't evaporate and was still slippery.

Oil is a necessity. Glycol based coolant is not.

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I just want to make sure the stuff I attached a pic of is legal. It is, right? Otherwise, did they pay for your logo? I know they state that it meets WERA's requirement's which is a crafty little word trickery, but I did put some on the floor and slide my foot on it and it is really no slicker than just water. It washed away just as easily too.

I see what you mean by "easily confused." :D

-Easily confused

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Gents, my nephew, Grayson Davis, works for Liquid Performance. I contacted him about this thread, and he said this:

For some reason I'm not able to post to the forum yet but here's a quick response to tell people.

The white residue they are talking about was part of our anti-corrosion and anti-foam package. As of April 1, 2013 we completely reformulated the coolant which is silicate free and the white residue has been completely eradicated. Even if the coolant sits in your garage or engine for a while, no white residue will appear (unlike Engine Ice, etc.). Our new coolant is completely clear. If anyone has a bottle of Ice Water that has the residue in it can contact us and we'll send them the new stuff for free.

9. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Awesome news! Thanks Charlie! :beer: :rock:

FWIW, I Googled for an answer and the BBS proves once again that Google is second rate!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Glad I could help Clint.

He's just getting started with the company. A friend of his's dad owns the company. Grayson and this guys son, Cory (I think) have been riding dirt together since way young, and are both pretty good.

Grayson was very proud his product was WERA approved.:up:

11. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Just a thought also. you can use Vinegar to clean the white crap out of the radiator.
    I only use distilled water and redline wetter. The stuff thats in the regular water will be whats left after it sit for long periods of time. If it has anti freeze the impurities will settle.
    just mix some vinegar and water and heat it up while bike is running. i will do a run the bike for about and hour then flush it with water after it cools, makes rad and motor nice and clean. Ive run straight vinegar too, but makes me nervous. I dont really know what it will do to seals. On cars had no problems, Just keep that in mind. it will clean old clogged aluminum rads too. good luck hope this helps.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Just flush and change the shit every other weekend and forget about it. Is it overheating? If not run it.

13. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

If you have magnesium cases it could be the water destroying them