1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which suit to buy if money not factored.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by pefrey, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

$$ Out of my price range, I'm $1500 max.

2. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I got my komodos for $500 or $600?

3. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

You must be measuring something wrong. I have the thick Knox chest protector and Knox back protector so a loose measurement of 42" fits in brand new 44 suit with some wiggling.

4. Tractionless

110 cm, pretty easy do to by the pics on multiple leathers builders sites. I am 118 cm around the shoulders though and I think that is where I'm taking up real estate in the suit. Waiting on confirmation from Spartan Leathers, I sent them tons of pics. including where I'm measuring my chest, build, etc.

5. Tractionless

Wound up going Ballistik after doing a fitment with Apex Race Services (Tim Hunt) over the weekend. Got a sensational deal as a sponsored rider so I added custom gloves as well and still right in my budget. :clap:

6. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

The older you get and the more crashes that you have, the more you value your leathers. At least this was the case for me. In my opinion this is the second most important investment in safety gear and this is a close second.

I will never purchase a set of leather made in Pakistan again. There is alot out there, including "makers of excelent leathers". Yeah the ones that some rave about.

The reason is that the leather just didn't hold up for me. Yeah, I know that crazy stuff happens in wrecks, but I had full faith in the leathers that I was wearing. My arm is sorry to say that I had faith in something that wasn't there. The leathers tore and my arm took some of the damage. I attached the photo to show that it was in fact an issue with my arm contacting the track and not just rash inside of the leathers.

I know this thread is about best money can buy. I guess I just need to put in my .02 about less than top level leathers.

Attached Files: