1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which school to attend?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Sicilian32, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

Ok I am really wanting to goto a school. Right now im just a track day rider not a racer, i am upper B level maybe on a good day slow A group. I live in socal and well if cost want an issue it would be no problem but since i will have a new mortgage payment and Im military I must take it into consdideration.. I was looking at the star school or the superbike school. the price diff is about 200 so for 50 dollars less i could do 1 day at sbk or 2 days at star. which would you guys choose and why? Oh and as for renting the bmw at sbk not gonna do it. i figure my bike will work just fine 08 cbr1000r with TC/QS and ohlins rear and im about to do the front as well.
    I will also be going to CLASS for one day on a seperate venture being that they give a 100 discount to me.

2. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

little help here..... bump

3. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

i asked the same question a while back-and both schools u mentioned were recommended. its really up to you as to which you prefer and can afford at this time.

one racer here recommended the Star school since that's what he took and had nothing but great things to say about it.

i was going to do css when they were at njmp-but that thing sold out faster than i can breathe:mad:and they wanted $450(use ur own bike) for one day:wow:

so for next season-im going to try the penguin school when they're in Loudon

goodluck in ur decision

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd lean towards Star.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Both the Star school and Schwantz schools are excellent IMO.

6. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

you are mentioning star and sbk so are you in Cali? From what i heard the star school is almost like a track day set up and you really have to ask the questions to get the help. That could have just been my friends experience with his one day set up. it was a more personal day.

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Seeking out advice and help would be recommended no matter what form of instruction you go out and pursue. I've seen guys treat it as a track day and get little out of it - it's certainly not a track day. Some things are better learned in a slower environment.

The two-day schools are the best IMO because you work on a lot the first day, and then work on applying what you learned on the second day.

8. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Peris Riding School in south east AZ is a great school to go to!

9. handr1

handr1 Well-Known Member

i would def. go with the star school.. also they are starting military schools next year with the Guard and i am pretty sure they are extremely cheap for military. i know he will be going to chuckwalla and thunderhill

10. Slow

Slow CLOUD 8

+1, anyone have thoughts on the Ed Bargy school at Jennings?

11. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Starting out, I'd go with Code's CSS. But with your experience/riding level I'd say go with STAR. STAR is geared more towards those with track experience.