1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which riding school

Discussion in 'General' started by RedReplicant, Nov 12, 2014.

1. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

I get around OK on a motorcycle, but man, if I had gotten proper instruction when I first started rather than two seasons and $$thousands$$ in crash damage later, I can't imagine what I may have accomplished earlier!

2. khill

khill Well-Known Member

I still remember the first day I rode with KWyman..I lent him my bike at a track he had never been to before....what impressed more than anything with Kyle was that he actually DID want to get better and was willing to do something about it. That led to us talking and working on a few things so he actually could get better.

I still find it funny many riders find it perfectly acceptable to spend big money to repair their crashed bikes, but won't spend the money to work on their riding...

I think the OP is on the right track and I'm stoked he wants to get better, regardless of where he takes a school.

Ken

3. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

If your crashing that much maybe it's not your thing.

4. khill

khill Well-Known Member

If he (OP) has the desire to get better, then it is his thing. There are reasons why we crash, we can identify them and put you in a position to not make those mistakes again.

Ken

5. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Even Tiger Woods has a golf coach. Funny there's guys who think coach for roadracing is silly.

6. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

It's not that I think its silly, but it's sound like he needs to back it down a notch and put in some seat time,

He has what 8 days of riding in 8 years..

7. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

We have actually taken numerous students who have never ridden a motorcycle before. Yes, never.

It's probably the coolest thing when we see them hang off with GP body by the second day, trail-braking and hitting their apexes. They create good habits from the get-go, and didn't have to crash to learn anything.

His lack of seat time in the past few years I think caters more to the opportunity to get back into it on the right foot!

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought.... Thanks Kyle!! Hope all is well....

9. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

I also accumulated 100k miles of crash free commuting street miles in those years. Not just 8 days of riding...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  10. AZ-MilleR

AZ-MilleR Well-Known Member

Are you riding at the Dec. trackday at AMP? If so, find me, I'll gladly help you. I am at almost every AMP event as a rider coach, but missed the last one since I was sick.

11. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure I will be there. :) you're the guy with the applexchange bike, right? Thank you! :)