1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one: Rally or F1 ?

Discussion in 'General' started by coiz, Jun 9, 2005.

?

Rally or F1

1. Rally

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. F1

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

I figured this would be a good poll for us club racers. Imagine if you were Rossi and finished with motorcycle racing.

If you were given a one year free ride on either a Rally or F1 team, which one would you take and why.

I would go Rally, pavement, dirt, jumps, power slides, perfect fun! :up:

2. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

F1 - Only because it costs 75 quad-billion dollars a year to run a team.

If I want to Rally, I can go buy a Subaru STI and go SCCA rallying in the United States.

3. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

I was thinking factory support for either team but point taken. :Pop:

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Factory support for one or the other though, right?

If you drove a Rally car for free, you couldn't afford to drive an F1 car on the side.

Rally is based upon production cars, F1, not so much.

5. coiz

coiz Well-Known Member

This is assuming you have more money than you need.

All you would have to do is show up and drive. Which one do you personally think would be more fun to drive on a weekly basis for free, the Rally car or F1?

I think a F1 would be a blast but Rally brings more variables to the track and would be such a great time driving.

6. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

F1 - simply because its the highest level of racing in the world. sure rally looks fun and challenging, but damn, it would have to be F1 all the way.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

That is a hard choice really, but I think after years on the pavement I would want something a little different.

Rally. That just really seems like it would be a blast, and i am sure the pressures aren't what they can be in F1.

8. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Rally Because you can get it sideways on purpose. If you're sideways in an F1 car you've done something wrong.:clap:

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

10. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

on a bike you have clutch throttle brakes...

You ever seen the gazzillion buttons on the steering wheel...way more time memorizing...driving it would come natural:D

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

F1.....................
    pulls more babes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

[​IMG]

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not necessarily. 2 words for you: Gilles Villeneuve. :)

14. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Yeah but that was back when the cars had real power and the driver mattered more. I'd love to spin one of those cars out for sure. 1000 h.p. controlled by a light switch :)

These days with all the electronic doo dads the driver doesn't matter as much. If the car is bad the driver can't make up for it the way they used to.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nah, Villeneuve never drove anything approaching that kind power, I think. But the beasts he drove probably had some serious turbo lag to keep life exciting. :D