1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which direction for your ceiling fan?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 20, 2018.

?

Which direction for your fan?

1. Down. Always.

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Up. Always.

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Depends on the temperature.

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Cannoli only uses folding hand fans with Casey Stoner's face painted on them.

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

C`mon, Acree, you did`nt know it was not a construct?? Geez......

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yea but at least the old fucks don't bother us in the winter, you can have that shit.

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Real men use a treadmill....

5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The question about running the fan in the pull air up or push air down mode is more tied to whether or not you want to feel the air moving on your skin than any laws of thermodynamics.

When the fan is pushing down, the air column comes down under the fan, where you are more likely to be.
    When the fan is pulling up, the air flows down the walls, where you are less likely to be. Also, as the wall perimeter is typically greater than the diameter of the air column, the sensation on your skin is less, even if you are standing against the wall.

cav115 likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How about if you mount it on the wall?

7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

It won't work very well at all.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I went with depends on the temperature but the reality is it depends on which way the fan is set. I haven't changed them since we moved in but they do run summer and winter unless we close the house up when gone for a while. Movement is movement and helps. We don't site directly under any of them so I don't care which way that movement is going.